Fog Light To Only Work On Dipped And Main Beam

Guest Jonnyround2003

Yes its Me being silly !! Sorry side lights come on with dipped and main beam thought one cable red and white how do make it work without side lights !!!!!!

By wiring it how I said in the first place! Here is a step by step

Remove 12v feed to your fog switch and tape up so it cannot short out

Cut the 12v feed to your dipped beam OR the link wire between the stalk controls.

Join the cable back together with a new cable as a spur

Use this spur to replace the 12v on your fog switch.

Guest Jonnyround2003

Not sure if you guys are getting me when I move the stalk to side lights I can turn the fog witch on ! As far as I'm being told by Iva power can not feed the fog switch on side lights . I have two cables going to a switch relay Iva approved at the back of the fog witch that cuts power to the ( fog switch when the lights are turned off . Some how I need to stop the live feed getting to the fog switch when I put side lights on !

Jaimo, you take the feed for the fog light switch from the link wire that connects terminal S54 on the right switch to 56 on the left switch. This wire is powered only when the main or dip are on but not when the side lights are on. Just splice a wire into this and take that to your fog light switch. No need for a relay. Then a wire out to the fog light and through the bulb to earth.

Nigel

Guest chris brown

The duck Both cables on the stalk are live on ignition without lights being on fed cable to fog switch does not work

then you are looking at the wrong wires have you not got someone local who understands electrics as what you are trying to do is very basic with several ways of doing it