The Classic Car Show Channel 5

stevedohc2b

do you not think top gear has pretty much run it's course. It was getting really samey to me. Another set of 3 supercars driving from somewhere to somewhere else, followed by oh it accidentally doesn't fit down that street and is causing a traffic jam. Or oh no i've parked this cheap car behind a lorry and it's for some reason it's accidentally driven over it and burst into flames.

Don't get me wrong there were some really good funny episodes but it just seems like they have done everything and are rehashing jokes now to me.

ducks and runs for cover =@

• Like 1

Guest mark little

On wheeler dealers why do they never take Ed China's hours into consideration, I bet they would lose money every time, plus I agree Top Gear is becoming very repetitive and boring.

On wheeler dealers why do they never take Ed China's hours into consideration

yeah and the old 'he had it in the garage so it doesn't matter'. Well yes if you happen to have a welder and all the consumables to hand that doesnt count as part of the cost?!. Oh and a mate who will do the painting for free. I think they pretty much make nothing if not a loss.

But its quite good for the techy side as he explains what he's doing quite nicely

Guest 2b cruising

On wheeler dealers why do they never take Ed China's hours into consideration, I bet they would lose money every time, plus I agree Top Gear is becoming very repetitive and boring.

Me old China is a clever geezer. However, when the cameras are away, everone has to play.

If only they would be honest, it would make a much better show. Me thinks.

Guest Gargoil

Yes, Top Gear is getting a little old, but what else is there left, of that type of genre?

It's just a lads mag on TV but as soon as I heard what was going on I sent email complaints to the BBC and added my name to the petition.

What will they take from us next, the weather girls (you know exactly what I mean) and replace them with a voice over?

Since Fifth gear left us mere terrestrials for SKY TV, TG has been all there is.

The big question is, would you pay for SKY TV just to watch 3 old blokes racing around in cars, we will never be able to afford?

TG may be a little repetitve but at least it's repeating good stuff - the item where they made their own ambulances recently made me laugh hysterically....I'd miss it badly if the beeb do can it.

Watching Classic Car last night was a perfect example of why JC is so good. Jodie was ok but QW trying to do those humurous chats with her was just cringeworthy. I actually don't mind him when he just talks normally but he was trying to be like JC and failing miserably.

Fifth Gear was just as bad - Tiff and VBH are interest-free zones for me. Tom Ford was good...he could be a JC replacement IMO. Admittedly, one of the best items on a car show was when Fifth Gear raced an F1 car against a MotoGP bike - genius.

It is strange, considering how ingrained into society that cars are, that there are so few car-related programs.

Edited by nelmo

Guest 2b cruising

I have come to like QW now.

I record the show and then watch when I go to bed.

Result. Lovely nights sleep. Telly turns itself off after I've gone. It really must be bad if the telly can't stand it either.