Hello Everyone

Guest ScumBag

Guest ScumBag

First post, and about to be a second time owner of a Robin Hood, the first I had was very kindly taken away by some ever

so friendly travellers about a decade ago and when I did find it it was decompiled into breakable scrap metal

New one I'm about to purchase is a Robin Hood Traditional, it's on the road, SVA'd etc and has had the same owner

since he purchased the kit. I've known the car (although not the owner) for the last couple of years and now that

he's selling it I'm going to purchase it.

I am bit green behind the gills (much like the racing green the car is) where the RH is concerned.

What is the general lowdown of the 'Traditional' version of the RH which I believe was just one year of being in

production?

Is there an issue with the strength of the chassis? I'll still be buying it as I'm happy with what I've seen etc.

Thanks in advance and thanks also for having me here, hope to get to some of the local meets, one of which is

quite close to me tomorrow but it may be a bit of an ask.

Guest ScumBag

In all reality the West Mids meet would be the one , thanks for that I'll look it up.

Is there a membership thing to attend or do you just turn up in yer RH?

Guest Ian & Carole

In all reality the West Mids meet would be the one , thanks for that I'll look it up.

Is there a membership thing to attend or do you just turn up in yer RH?

Just turn up and say "Hello" if you want to join the club and benefit from discounts and get the club mag then click on the bright yellow icon "Club membership" right of the page and pay your £15.00, £16.00 by pay pal.

Edited by Ian & Carole

Guest ScumBag

Well, made the purchase, 98 kit new, completed in 2000, Sierra Donor car, SVA'd and 20k on the clock, one owner etc.

A heap of paperwork from purchase, inclusive of build photos, lots of other bits and pieces *spare block/indicator/alternator)

Tonneau covers in attendance with an hood that's never been put togther, small screens with a full screen/brackets

ready to go also. The chassis has some extra strength added underneath, engine is a 1600 but has a 2l cam, with

the rest of the car pretty standard fayre *whatever that is) runs very well.

At least it puts a bit of fun back into driving.

Edited by ScumBag

Not many people on here will know what a robin hood traditional is, I certainly don't remember having seen one. Get some pictures up for our (my) curiosity ;)

Guest 2b cruising

I want one of the jag datonas. I want one I want one.

Just love anything jag. No no no. Not Ford Jag. JAG JAG.

Edited by 2b cruising