Does The Rx8 6Spd Gearbox Have A Removable Bell Housing?

speedtripledan

With my 3.0Lv6 Marlin based hot rod project imminent i,m looking for ways to turn my 3.0l v6 peugeot engine into rear wheel drive no box exists that will bolt straight on, i know with the help of red 7 engineering i can get a type 9 to fit but i think long term the engine will mince the box, which leads me to the rx8 box they can be easily put in place of a type 9 but the only way i can attach it to a peugeot engine is using the Peugeot gearbox bell housing joined via a plate to the box.

Hence the question does the rx 8 bell housing unbolt ? i may well buy one to check then sell on if no use...

No, looks removable but it's actually the front end of the gearbox. Bloke at Stoneleigh had adaptor plates to mate to common engines so still worth considering if you can get a plate machined to join the Mazda bellhousing to the Peugeot block.

I think the limiting factors are the size of the flywheel and the Mazda mounts the motor to the bellhousing pointing forwards. Apparently they're decent boxes and cheap to buy.

Dan, let's break new ground at DIY level....

I can model up in 3D Cad a bell housing to suit your chosen engine / box combo.

We then get one 3D printed in plastic which in turn gets used to make a sand box to get one cast in Aluminium.

Good knows on price mate but easily do able. ;)

• Like 2

Dan, let's break new ground at DIY level....

I can model up in 3D Cad a bell housing to suit your chosen engine / box combo.

We then get one 3D printed in plastic which in turn gets used to make a sand box to get one cast in Aluminium.

Good knows on price mate but easily do able. ;)

like your thinking Nick. I need a bigger printer

Guest 2b cruising

Nice thinking.

Those box's are really cheap at the moment.

They are also one of the strongest boxes available for guys like us.

Many more ideas about this and the price will rocket. There are no where near as many of them as there is of the type 9.