Exmo Revamp

jaimo

Well me and stu was going to do engine swap today but he had to go on family day to skeggy so I had to go at it alone

Picked up crane from Ivan this morning and made a start at about noon

Started like this

20160530_120148_zpsyfuefska.jpg

Then set about strip what I needed of engine and then fitted so many parts to new engine

Bottom end built just head to bolt on and time up fit flywheel and fit back in car will post more pics when get them but had to leave it as got tennis elbow apparently I think it's fractured and couldn't do no more as in agnoy

What I has lying about mate just realised as just went back as I left my phone just thought I would sit the head on block and cover up realised that as I was distracted by my elbow and rushed the cork sump gasket looks like its pushed slightly out well better get another as don't want to remove engine to change once in and leaks lol

Not just that Chris but had to transport tools and crane about 5 mins walk to in-laws then old engine transported back to mine and into outhouse to strip diagnostic then transport new engine etc back to in-laws from mine that knackering think lifting the old engine out of narrow into outhouse did my elbow in that bit more should be chucking engines in once I got my garage

Guest 2b cruising

"Engines", are you putting them side by side or crank connect to make it a straight eight.

Oh sorry, car not strong enough to pull the weight of two pinto's. two pinto's.😬

Lol no my car at moment lives at in-laws down street so had to transport old engine I took out from there's to mine and new engine from mine to there's pintos never used to weigh that much or it might just be my weaker since illness

Well just been and picked up new sump gasket and oil so hopefully by weekend I will get some time to get it in as was hoping to give it a run out to GBS on Saturday but heavy week so we will see

• Like 1