Supercharger On An St170 Engine

richardm6994

I would agree on N/A intakes and throttle response is crisper the closer to the valves the throttle is but I don't think there is much difference in flow on supercharged engines. A single large body to a plenum and individual runners to each cylinder is simple, compact and efficient. Disadvantages in individual bodies are that balancing them might be quite an art. It's also more common to place the throttle-body on the inlet side of rootes style chargers to avoid those off throttle moments when pressures can skyrocket. A big vacuum operated bypass valve will mitigate but it can be stressy for the charger and belt.

Sorry but I'm a believer in keeping it simple.

Nigel

Edited by Longboarder
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

None whatsoever......what I do is measure the belt path using the wire with the tensioner set at either extreme of its tension position .....so in this case the belt I was looking for was somewhere between 1603 and 1640.

I then just eBay '6pk1620' (or whatever length I'm looking for). If there are none that size, I just change the length by 1mm in the code and search again. eventually I land on a standard size belt that fits within my range.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

so after a bit of rework to the front bracket to give more belt coverage around the crank pulley, and the rear charger bracket machined / fabricated, ive now finally got the charger working.

now that the fiddle bits are done, should start making some visible progress soon;

• Like 1

Nearly posted this in the wrong supercharger thread....lol

Fuel system all relocated now.

The low pressure pump is situated under the charger and the swirl pot has move over a little to make room for the air filter;

003B7566-4492-4BBE-B369-B293BE9EFCB8_zps

95E46B5C-BEA1-480B-883F-2FCFB6BA9D8B_zps

Next job is the engine intake plenum onto the jenveys....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...