Rewire

tractor

the megajolt is a breeze compared to the megasquirt i went for the ms3extra thinking dooing away with edis would reduce the amount of wiring but it backfired a bit theres at least tripple the amount of wiring now

today i mounted the megasquirt and the vvt controller to the dash also mounted three relays got a bit more wiring done the engine turns over now and before any one says are you out for a run at the weekend there is still lots to do

ecu 47 wires

vvt 6 wires

wipers ????

side repeaters

handbrake

reverse light

all of the dash still to do many many many wires

but there is a light at the end of the transmition tunnel :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

am i right in thinking that i have to run a 12 volt supply through the fan switch back to the relay for the fan ??????

it may be a stupid question to some but electricary aint my thing

ah or is terminal 86 on relay a switched earth through fan switch???

Edited by tractor

Stop. Relax. What component is giving the command. If ECU then that will be switched earth to the ECU from relay pin 86, live to 85. If radiator sender/switch then it can be wired either way, Supply sender relay earth or supply relay sender earth. If it is a mechanical dash switch then it can be as for sender. ECU is only one that is obligatory switched earth. (That's how ECUs do their thing)

For the fan power wiring, pins 30 and 87 it can be similar. Supply 30 87 fan earth or supply fan 30 87 earth.

The two circuits through the relay, 85/86 and 30/87 keep totaly separate.

Nigel