Wot Sensor Is This

tractor

i think it is a vr type sensor but i am being told that it should be a hall sensor

oh and by the way it is my camshaft sensor off of my st170 engine if it is a vr sensor then my my ecu and wiring loom have got to go back to be put right if this is the case then i am not a happy bunny not i repeat not a happy bunny

rage boiling inside !!!!!

Im pretty sure its a VR sensor. Only two wires and its strongly magnetic. One of the good things about Omex ECUs is they allow the user to move a simple jumper on the motherboard to select VR or Hall effect. I would be surprised if whatever ECU you are using doesn't allow you to do the same. VVTPro expects a VR sensor.If your ECU is happy to batchfire the injectors and uses wasted spark then it doesn't need cam position input.

Nigel

Edited by Longboarder

the ecu is setup for sequential firing so it needs a cam signal plus i already have the mtech vvt controler which uses cam sensor yes the ecu can control the vvt but it just on or off at a certain rev

the crank sensor is definatly a vr and i think cam is to but the guy who has supplied my ecu is saying it is unusual for a vr cam sensor to be fitted on a zetec st170 personally i have yet to come across a ford engine fitted with a hall sensor

Good that ECU can be easily changed to read VR sensor. I'm interested to see if the cam change controlled by the VVTPro brings any changes to the sequential firing of the injectors. Possibly yet another complication.

My ST injectors are batch fired by omex so it don't read the cam, just the crank but my VVTPro which I am finishing the install of tomorrow will read the cam(and crank and TPS). Fiddly making up the wiring loom. Those Molex connectors are diddy.

Nigel