So what you all doing to keep your car maintained

Guest Elliot Poston

Change disposable fuel filters, general check of nuts and bolts. Funny propshaft was the first thing that came in to my head. Hose clamps,fuel lines, brake lines visual inspection. It's frustrating,  I was going to tax my car at the beginning of April. I suppose I could  still use it to go to work but I don't know how busy I am going to be. I have a feeling that I may be in the calm before the storm at the moment. 

Drain the fuel if you havent already.

If the car has been sat with fuel in the rubber lines, replace them.  Its not expensive to do and you'll probably want to when you drain the fuel and see the mess ethanol causes inside rubber lines.

Rotate the wheels, or even better put the car on axle stands

Sure I'll think of more but they are the only ones that havent been mentioned that I can think of off the top of my head.

Axel stands are a good call, I use blocks of wood under the lower ball joint plates. Keeps the rubber 10mm off the cold floor and I can spin the wheel now and then.  

Fuel lines is a must mine stink of leaking fuel. Good shout that man 👍

I've been doing all those little jobs i've been putting off. My indicator/dip stalk has been really sticky for ages so i finally got round to taking it off and stripping it and cleaning all the contacts and lubricating so it moves a bit easier now.

also put the steering boss on a lathe the other day to clean it up as the paint was flaking and faded. annoyingly i've got a cold/flu type thing (really don't know if it is covid or not - probably not) so i am staying away from work at the moment so can't get to the lathe to finish it up. better safe than sorry.

If you are really bored you could check all the electrical connections and bulb fittings as they tend to get slightly corroded over time.