Average Miles Per Tank

Guest weazel134

How big is the tank & how heavy your right foot?? Florin does 200 miles to a tank-full --- but we are old & slow.

( and a bright shade of pink after our trip to Eastbourne to-day )

Guest Mark Anyon

I work on 100 miles per tank takes about £20 to fill but it took £24 from full to running it dry was seing what i could get out of a tank did130 miles thats y i work on 100 mile to tank so i dont get caught out

Mark

About 180 miles having modified the tank to allow it to take approx 30 liters full to empty.

Modified fuel pickup to take from bottom of tank (fitted wide flattened end to pickup to suck down to the last 2mm of petrol)

Modified filler pipe to allow air out to top of tank ( drilled holes in side of filler pipe just below top of tank)

I appear to get in the upper 20s MPG and carry a spare gallon.

The tank supplied with the kit should take 40 liters but being long and thin the last 3 to 5 liters are unuseable and it is imposible to actually fill.

Guest Ian & Carole

45 litre Robin Hood tank, the largest they made and would get 250 miles regularly,

Done Lincoln to ferry port at Dover on one tank, once towing the trailer tent.

so around 30 / 35 MPG on a decent run mid teens if playing hard though.

Mine has an eight gallon tank and I try to fill up before the gauge shows less than one quarter full due to pick up problems mentioned earlier. My filler goes directly in to the top of the tank, this makes filling up much easier as I can actually see how much fuel is in the tank but you have to be careful not to tip fuel in the boot when removing and putting in the nozzle. I think with brimming the tank I can easily do 120 miles if driving fairly sensibly. The engine is a redtop with twin 45s. That makes it quite thirsty really but on putting it into perspective my civic type r would only do 28 mpg if you drove it like your grandma. I don't worry about it, just put some more fuel in when it needs it.

Guest mower man

I used 120 as max between fill ups [30 litre tank ] and ALWAYS had a gallon in the boot mpg around 28 but did stoneleigh on 6 gall 196 miles giving over 30mpg 2 or 3times 2.1 on single 38 dgas [144bhp] mick :crazy: