Track Days

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Tim Norman

I've had an email from John regarding the Track days at Barkston Heath and he has managed to get us 3 dates of which we could have 2.

Also contained in his email was some very disturbing news, and rather than put it in to my words I have just copied it in verbatum. Obviously some words will be altered.

"Also had some odd abusive calls from alleged RHOCAR members, diguised voice, but someone who knows RHOCAR and its workings.Also emails which when read disapear, also from alleged RHOCAR members. Whoever these *bleep*ing freaks are certainly know me, my involvement in RHOCAR and its members, they even mention knowing me from that very hot Curborough we did, you think of it and I have been called it.This all started before xmas and I have about had a *bleep*ing gut full.Now given that these are freaks they will possibly talk *bleep*e, but aparently the low regard with which I am held within RHOCAR is on par with some low life scum bag, I am inches from saying *bleep* it, bin my email and phone numbers and just *bleep* off. I have had enough I dont need the grief.I have better things to do with my time and if 10% of what these *bleep*s say IS true I am better off out of it if that is what people think, *bleep* them and the horse they rode in on."

In light of the above I will not be booking the days and I fully support John in his decision to leave the Club. I for one will miss him and his boundless enthusiasm. If it is a RhOCaR member past or present be assured I will find out who it is and it won't be a pleasnt expeirence for either of us.

If somebody else would like to step in and be Race Sec and find a few tracks then feel free to let Steve know.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is absolutely appalling (not to mention criminal per se). <_<

I'm not familiar with the track-day side of the club - what is this all about and why would anyone be sending John abusive messages like this? Does anyone know what the issue is? Of course this might not be anything to do with current RHOCAR members (I would certainly like to think not) but it is clearly someone who knows the set up well. At the end of the day I guess anyone can log on to the forum from anywhere in the world, but I suspect this is closer to home. The offender also knows John's phone number.

John, can your ISP help at all with information / tracking of these emails?

Rich

like enforcer i'm equally puzzled as to why anyone would be doing this? It beggars belief?

having only been on one track day so far, and being about the slowest thing there other than the water butts on the chicane i was looking forward to asking john to sit with me on a few laps this year to show me what i should be doing. the track day i attended was well organised, friendly an unintimidating for an utter novice like me. i notice that in johns message he says that he is very close to jacking it all in, but from tims message it looks like he may have actually done this already.

if you havent john, and even if you have, i'd ask you to reconsider, and not leave as a result of one idiot, who probably isnt even a member of the club, and then instigate some form of legal action to track the culprit down.

i cant imagine why an idiot would be doing this, but it seems a shame that the work you've done by the club would be ended by some moron who's potentially not even in the club.

On the email front, there seem to be a few programs that will allow someone to do this kind of magic trick with making emails dissapear. I think the "text" is actually an image so it may be possible to right click and save the image to your hard drive (for use as future evidence) in the same way a screen grab creates an image of the whole screen at any given time so could be used in the same way to give you hard evidence of the email activity. This may help for the phone stuff http://www.zyra.org.uk/hoaxers.htm

paul

One of those situations where you get a brain/reality missmatch and although you know it's happened it just seems a step to far to believe anyone could do it. I'm sorry that John's hard work for Rhocar should be repaid in such a negative, abusive and unpleasant way.

I hate it that the selfless group of club officers who give so much to rhocar can come under attack and be personally hurt by one malicious little turd who has no respect for other people or understanding of the effort freely given in administering and running events.

This poisonous inadequate pathetic halfwit does not speak for or represent the views of anyone but himself.

Nigel

Guest paulwillie1000@yahoo.co.uk

I couldnt agree more with all the other postings

I have only been a member since last May and have never experienced a track day, stonleigh etc, but intend to change that this year

why on earth would some moron want to subject someone who has given so much to this club such abuse.

Lets hope the culprit is found and dealt with accordingly

My thanks go to all those who give up their time and effort so the rest of us can enjoy and benefit

Paul

I find this absolutely outrageous and disgusting, and can only agree with the previous comments.

I've spoken to John this morning and he can't understand what has happened to warrant this kind of abuse.

It is obviously coming from someone who has taken advantage of John's hard work in organising track days etc and this is the thanks he gets.

THERE IS NO ROOM IN THE CLUB FOR THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOUR AND IT STOPS NOW.

If the individual/s responsible for this, or anybody else, feels the need to continue acting in this manner you will find that you are not welcome.

Steve

Can only Echo the sentiments of the others.

I have attended a few of the trackdays (Barkston onwards) organised by John for the club and find it hard to believe anyone who attended would be responsible for this. All I have ever encountered is friendly banter and a willingness to help each other out when problems have occurred.

Anyway, don’t make any hasty decisions re: rhocar because of one idiot.

Thanks

Duncan

N.B. Hope the trailer has been ok!

THERE IS NO ROOM IN THE CLUB FOR THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOUR AND IT STOPS NOW.

If the individual/s responsible for this, or anybody else, feels the need to continue acting in this manner you will find that you are not welcome.

Steve

when you find out who he/she is, remove them from the site. it may take a few weeks but as they say , long runs the fox.

Guest chris brown

I fully agree with what has been said before. I also have enjoyed several days at Barkstone and the one at Landow all thanks to John. I just hope the prat is caught. He's not much of a man who hides his identity and certainly not the type we want in the club or on this forum for that matter.

So if you are reading this and you the person who is doing this then be a man and come out and identify yourself and state your reasons.

Guest mastarforth

Never been on a track day, but disgusted all the same.

Who has the right to do anything like this to someone who is only trying to help the majority of other members

Unbelievable.

Guest erichetherington

Can only agree with above comments, I thoroughly enjoyed the track day I did at Llandow and can only praise those who take the time and effort to organise these, and other events, for us.

Whoever is doing this no-one forced you to join this club and everybody else would prefer you hadn't!

When I saw the topic title I thought great we now have some dates for Barkstone and was eager to book them.

What a disapointment I had when I read the posting.

I have been to quite a few track days at barkstone including carting on the Sunday and Llandow, all were brilliantly organised and I know everyone there thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

I'm appalled that some idiot could be so vindictive towards John after everything he has done for the benefit of club members.

Let's just hope it's not a member from the club of this forum and that all the malicious e-mails and phone calls stop.

Les