Stafford Show If Thats What It Was!

speedtripledan

Really good to catch up with everyone again.

Glad you got back okay Dan, nice to see the Old mans ex-Westie coming along nicely.... :spiteful: Sorry I couldn't make it for the usual social event in the night.

As you say, what show...! :aggressive: Anyone who went expecting a decent show would be very disappointed. To charge a Tenner to get in to view 10-15 stands I'd not be best pleased. Really sad to see such a show in decline :cray: Like you Dan, I wasn't expecting much and wasn't let down :unknw:

If it wasn't for the Rhocar stand there would be virtually no cars at all. Again well done to the comittee for coffee's and support etc :yahoo: :yahoo:

Hopefully next show (Stoneleigh for me) will be there in my Kit :crazy: :crazy:

This picture says it all, one of the exhibitors...... IMAG0238.jpg

The show as a show was a waste of space, no show staff to be seen, if it wasnt for an antiques show and wedding fair.... there would have been very few people walking about. As Dan said, the social side was very good, some good laughs, good weather considering what was forecast. Roll on Stoneleigh and Newark. :drinks: :drinks:

Guest gazza1591

Well i went today, was not sure what to expect as im new-ish to the kit car show scene

i went to stonleigh earlier in the year and was really impressed with the show.

as for todays show i wish i never bothered there were about 10/12 on the RHOCAR stand and about another 12/15 kits spread about.

so with out the RHOCAR there would not have been an outside.

so thought indoors should be good then for £10 ? and i was very disappointed when i walked inside :-(

as said above about 15 stands not much on offer really.

im glad i went just to speak to GBS about the zero, i will be visiting them on the 1st October to place an order for a wide body zero :-)

all in all a very disappointing show and will not return again.

Guest mower man

I thought I might as well put my 2p's worth in. As a show it didn't do a thing for me ,as a social meet for Rhocar brilliant ,I spoke with more members and may be members than at any show I've been to in a while!,as said if it wasn't for us and the cobra lads there would have been sod all to look at !! Thanks to every one we enjoyed what there was and the run out and the great company Roll on spring [not too quick ]I have a few mods to do and get my n/s leg re pinned and bushed before then ,regards to all mick---- mower man :friends: :yahoo: :good:

A perfectly normal Stafford show then was it? i.e.... Excellent camping and social scene for RHOCaR but sod all else?

Defo makes me feel better about being at work all weekend, just sad that i missed out on the evening get together. :cray:

Did anybody get lead poisoning this year? :rofl:

nice to see every one again

had some realy good laughts

beeing the only 1 from down south, i seem to be the one evey 1 took the piss out off 8P

just to get my own back, can you gess who :rofl:

show was crap but knew that before i went

thanks for a good time see you all again at stonleigh

to sum the show up, plenty of beer, plenty of laughs, plenty of buns passed round...(thank you to whoever provided those), plenty of wood burning, plenty of horse sh1te sprayed at Keiths MK, plenty of things lost on the journey down... the only thing that wasnt plentiful was exhibitors.

Stafford show exactly the opposite to what it says on the tin. Arrived friday at about 3 and was like a ghost town but found steve and jase, Friday was a Great evening about 10 of us sat round the fire till midnight having a drink and a laugh. saturday SHOW DAY :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: was just as expected to be honest and I have never seen so many EXHIBITORS!!!!!!!!! (passes). saturday night was the same format as friday just with a few more and this year andy andi gaz and co found lead paint free fuel for the fire, Was a sad night with the passing on of Dans chair but it had a good warm send off. All in All a cracking social weekend thanx guys and girls.

Guest jetskijase

Thanks owlman for the video!!! good old helium eh!! :drinks: :drinks: :rofl: :rofl:

Same sentiments as above really, great nights poor days, personally i just think its a crying shame this show has died as it ticks all the boxes to be a great show but mr tanner would not listen to any advice wotsoever.

Stafford show....rip..... :cray: :cray:

Guest peter2b2002

great to see all folk again, thanks for the tent and kettle/coffee, got cought in a down pour on my way back home, the road was totaly flooded by the Dorethy Clive garden, couldn't see the kerbs or pavement , wipers going 2 speed still couln't see ahead, thought I would get stuck with water spraying away from my 2B's long wings, plough through the flood @ 10 mph exhaust burbling under water but bless her she pulled through , only had the surrey and 1/2 doors on but stayed nice and dry till some d*ck head blassed passed me on other side and sent a bow wave over my bonnet over the screen and surrey, but only my right shoulder got damp and she still got me home

peter2b

Hi All,

Enjoyed the gathering (see I didn't even bother to call it a show!).

Pity really though, as there seemed to be some genuinely interested punters wandering about.

I hope that events like this doesn't put anyone off!

Mr Tenner (think I got his name right :lol: ) needs to buck his ideas up!

Anyway, Sir Chris managed to find some rare free time! :rofl:

post-1241-0-67674200-1316378960_thumb.jpg

According to here: http://locostbuilder....php?tid=160707

Did RHOCaR get an invite? If so any feedback?

I had a chat with some guys from the Dutton owners club. They'd been invited to to display inside the hall in order presumably to make it look fuller. They'd also been invited to a meeting to air thier views on why the show was so poorly supported...

Does Tenner reallly need to talk to other folk to realise he needs to put a lot more exhibitors, road signs, food, pub/club entertainment and kit car based stalls to make people want to come????

Especially the exhibitors and kit car based stalls..... After all, that is what a kit car show is supposed to be about.

On a lighter note, its still my favourite gathering due to the RHOCAR tented evenings.

Andi

Guest jetskijase

Didn't hear about us being asked?? But sounds about right, 4-5 duttons display so they get asked for opinions, we got maybe 20 ish cars with all the welcome gazebos etc and never saw anyone frOm kitcar magazine outside..... Not even to sort the traffic out!!!

It's been said before tenner and co are a bunch of useless idiots who have killed a great show dead, well done chaps!!

It's such a shame the content of the show was so poor don't know why the exhibitors and stall holders don't seem to want to attend came with the intention of spending money but only picked up £5 worth of trim

I just can't see how in current formatt it can keep going even though it fits in nicely as the last show for builders to buy parts etc for that winter project

I would not like this show to be taken off the calendar why is it that only us and the cobra guys turned up there must be more kit owners in the midlands it can't be that kit owners have to pay entry can it the free entry to kit car owners at all the other shows seems to work. Lots of cars means stall holders will think it's worth while conning also they attract punters who have more of a day for the cost of their entry.

Sorry could not camp this time but needed to get back for work