2B Scuttle Cutting

Chrisruck

Hi everyone,

What is the best way to cut my 2b bonnet to make a scuttle? Is it angle grinder or nibler or saw? any ideas welcome.

Also how long should I make the scuttle?

Edited by chrisruck

I used a fine hacksaw blade with gaffer tape wrapped around one end. Use masking tape as a guide and take your time. It doesn't take as long as you think and won't damage the surface of the boonnet.

I would use angle grinder with 1mm stainless cutting disk. Masking tape across mark line and then cut with disk you may want to clamp a bit of timber to it to stop it flexing. I you fancy a run over to leicester with it I could give you a hand

Guest Ian Marr

I find it works a treat on the Sunday roast.

I cut mine with a jigsaw and fine tooth hss blade. Marked up with masking tape. Cut it 2 or 3 inches from the wiper blade holes and then cut each vertical face on a forward facing angle as a mirror of the rearward facing angle of the cockpit end of the scuttle.

Thanks everyone for the advice. A lot of food for thought. Phil I might take you up on your kind offer as I have a bad habit of not being able to cut in straight lines :)