Man Free Falls From Space

philshelton

They both have something in common, I have tried to watch football and to be honest I would rather watch grass grow. After all the hype I decided to watch Felix does his bit and I just thought.... What is the bloody point..... Waste of time and energy.... We now know you can free fall from the edge of space and survive, aplenty this may come in handy when we start commercial flights that fly that high..... Now I know I'm a Yorky thicko.... But...... We don't give normal commercial flight passengers parachutes and oxygen never mind a friggin space suit...... Couldn't they find something more interesting to do like find out why my pen rolls off my desk when the spirit of level says its flat!!

You have a faulty bubble in the spirit level. Go and buy a replacement bubble ;)

Bugger... never thought of that :sorry:

Got a box of bubbles some were in the garage I think

Excellent, i will swap for some airhose fittings and pipe :good:

...... Couldn't they find something more interesting to do like find out why my pen rolls off my desk when the spirit of level says its flat!!

You dont have a pen..your secretary does all the paperwork :rolleyes:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was unimpressed by the space jump thing - I was keeping my head down as it seemed the sun shone from his arse over the past few days, and I'm known for being a miserable bugger :) so figured I was in the minority. 6000ft, 120,000ft, what's the difference apart from lack of air and a higher speed?! Jump, fall, open parachute, land. Granted there's some skill in controlling the direction of your body but I suspect any long-standing freefaller has plenty of experience in that area.

Still, you wouldn't get me doing it :D so I guess a fair chunk of credit is due! I'll get back to being a miserable git... <mumble mumble>....

The trick with throwing cats in the air is to give them a bit of a spin as you throw them, that way they can't twist their body around in flight and therefore don't land on their feet.

...so I've beed told (just in case the RSPCA are reading this).