R-V8 Into A Exmo Project

richardm6994

Top man..... now get the fecker sat at 2k rpm for 5 mins and repeat 4 times.

That's a good trade off between bediing in the cam versus all the other new internals.

:air_kiss:

Cheers guys. Believe it or not...this was a genuine "first start" attempt. I set the iPad up to record just in case it did fire-up....and i actually *bleep* myself when it did fire!!! I thought it would need the s.yorks crew round to get it started!

Sorry to the folks who wanted to be there when it did start-up for the first time...especially danE for all his help throughout the project and shaft who actually built the engine!!!

I've not come down from cloud-9 yet!!

YYYYEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Guest Tim Norman

Can't beat that sound, had mine running yesterday while I checked all the lights ready for MOT Perhaps a sound off at Donington with Baz?. Is it it an illusion or has the air filter got quite a rake on it?

it does tim....5 degrees to compensate for the angle of the engine when mounted in the Rovers.

You can get an angle plate to level the carb, but what I've read on a couple of websites is that it's only critical when running a Holley because it's fuel chambers are front-back of the carb whereas on the edelbrock they are left-right of the carb and so the angle doesn't make much of a difference to the edelbrock.

Also by pure fluke the angle of the carb is about the same as my bonnet angle, which means I can fit a 3" filter under there (when funds allow) and still have 1/2" spare! If I leveled the carb there is no way a 3" filter would fit...so I'm leaving it at that angle.

Can't wait to take it for a spin now!!

Well then..... Been up to help Steamer today with some final fettling and to bleed the brakes and have now finally heard it running in real life....

Wow! A full bash, 8 pot, Ear bleeding Orchestra of noise! That video clip did NOT do it justice.

Good luck with the MOT next Saturday mate.

:)

• Like 1

Looks like the engine has got to come back out again :(

I've got an oil leak coming from the front of the gearbox. I have sneaky feeling that its the gasket behind the clutch adaptor boss.

I'm thinking of doing it after hollowell and would greatly appreciate some help getting the engine out and back in again.