R-V8 Into A Exmo Project

richardm6994

No water pump though Dan, so will be a tad shorter.

Rich..... Early V8 Range Rovers ran a seperate vee belt from the water pump to the aircon pump. Should be about right looking at your 2 pulley diameters.

I might have one in the garage.... Will look later when I'm home from work.

:)

Looking at the front facing picture Rich, if you fashion the bottom alternator mount as a rigid type and adjust the belt tension by means of a curved slot in said bracket, you ought to be able to mount the VR sensor from it also??

Nick...what do they say about great minds thinking alike! :acute: or is it the one about fools never differ :crazy:

My plan is to make said bottom bracket to mount the VR sensor plus have a fixing point on it for a belt tension, however rather than using a curved slot type I'm going to make one of them threaded adjusters with the rose joints at each end (basically copy the things people sell on ebay for the pinto alternators).

Very annoyed tonight! I've spent a couple of hours a night over this last 3 days working on the alternator bracket.

Pulleys lined up perfect, welded the bracket, trimmed it down considerably in size, shaped it and got it looking better than I'd expected....happy bunny.....

Then as an after-thought....I'll weld a small gusset plate behind the angle to give it more rigidity.......WRONG!!! When I put the bracket back onto the engine the welding of the gusset plate has twisted the bracket out of shape and now the pulleys are miles out!!!

Onto bracket number 2......:(

Tack your gussets first Rich! Schoolboy error my young padawan. ;)

I know, I know! Currently standing in the corner with the dunce cap on! although I did tack one corner to hold it in place and then started my full welds from the opposite corner....

Frustrating thing is that the bl00dy bracket didn't even need a gusset! I was just trying to be clever!!

Oh we'll.....I must remember that we do this for fun :)