Skcc Video

Guest gdc

Best of luck with a RHocar gig, did a Southern one for the past 5 years( see our mag for this years report) with all ingredients mentioned above & we achieved 5/6 cars belonging to members plus a dozen or so "others"; only broke even on costs this last year;so not again as almost impossible to get folk to commit " we'll come if not raining" is the mantra.

On the plus side, this little damp country which rarely sees 7 days of continuous sunshine in any given year, has the biggest and best kit car

community on the entire globe.

That in itself speaks heaps of commitment and determination, and continues our whacky Brit ingenious resolve for which we are proud of.

Andi

Guest Rallyreason

Being new to the kit car community, SKKC and RHOCAR do differ in the events that are on offer.

Events that RHOCAR appear to focus on (only from reading this forum) are very similar to most car owners clubs. This consists of having area meetings and occasion gatherings, at certain large shows. This fine for lots of people as this is what they enjoy.

SKKC appear to focus on actually going out and enjoying the pleasure that can be had from driving their cars. Also exploring some of the great roads that are available through out the whole of Europe. They have already got planned trips throughout the UK and Europe for this year. I am sure that that takes a lot of organising and didn't become popular over night.

I have been involved with other car clubs, depending which vehicle i was driving at the time and yes if the weather was very poor you do think twice about going to meet up at a said point. To be honest you mainly just walk around a car park have a quick look at some of the cars and a chat then go home?

The best bit is always the drive there and back.

However if you have an actual trip planned i would be more inclined to still go no matter what the weather was. You would have all the fun of driving these cars, all together. Stopping at various points on the way to get a drink, chat, look at the other cars etc.

Turn that into a few days then you can have a tour of the UK and involve all the RHOCAR members that are scattered around the UK.

I am sure that members would gladly offer their local knowledge of good roads, B&B's(with parking) or camp sites (not for me though, if the weather is naf i want some where to warm up).

Guest boggybogstar

I do have sympathy to the commitment side of things, we get the "Ill turn up if its sunny" situation, but we have found if you keep hammering the meets then folks turn up and realise its great fun, and actually cant wait to get on the next run regardless of the weather.

To be honest we would focus on anything that brings us all together for a jolly, personally tyre kicking isnt really my thing which is shared by many of us in SKCC and commitment is key. For our big trips this year, Im organising the Alps and Mark is organising the UK trip weve had to take deposits to secure planes, hotels, transporters etc which helps ensure the numbers

It would be great if Rhocar became as active nationally, just think of the different meets and roads in everyones area that we could drive!!!

I do have sympathy to the commitment side of things, we get the "Ill turn up if its sunny" situation, but we have found if you keep hammering the meets then folks turn up and realise its great fun, and actually cant wait to get on the next run regardless of the weather.

To be honest we would focus on anything that brings us all together for a jolly, personally tyre kicking isnt really my thing which is shared by many of us in SKCC and commitment is key. For our big trips this year, Im organising the Alps and Mark is organising the UK trip weve had to take deposits to secure planes, hotels, transporters etc which helps ensure the numbers

It would be great if Rhocar became as active nationally, just think of the different meets and roads in everyones area that we could drive!!!

this hits the nail on the head COMMITMENT this is what we seam to lack which i think is why areas become inactive. if someone spends the time to sort out an event and turnout is poor/nonexistent the organizer loses hard and does not bother to do another

I think one thing that needs to made clear, yes we do meet at pubs once a month, no we don't tyre kick, infact, I think the subject of cars is possibly the least talked at our meets. We do have run outs, some like a race, some like a cruise, I used to race for money in my younger days.... Not now... I have a family to consider and other road users. I think the area secs to need help in pushing meets, the secs need to get together and talk, when I went on my runs with some of the s. yorks clan we always ended up miles away from home and I'm sure we will have crossed another club areas patch, this could have become another meeting point. We also have to remember a lot of members love the tinkering side of kit ownership above driving, as a club we cater for all, we have people with incomplete kits, people on the verge of buying their next toy etc, it would be pretty crap if these people did not have a way of meeting like minded folk. I personally enjoy the banter, the social side of the club, I attend as many meets as poss and used to drive in any weather ( if you had seen hollowell you would know the meaning of hardcore followers or nutters, whichever fits best) a handful of our mob also decided to go to meets further afield, our night then consisted of a good old exhaust clearing run a chin wag and laugh with members, we may not have met, and then a nice relaxing cruise back home. The flip side being the track days that come up, blyton park was my first and although I was nervous, thinking I had to live up to my old racing days, but I enjoyed it immensely and I can't wait for the next set. Spending days/nights helping other members get their cars on or back on the road is priceless and creates a huge member bond.

What the Skcc do I think is excellent, if I was closer (and had bought another kit) I would be up for plenty of runs.

Anyway we need to collate loads of vids to get the Rhocar video add going, please do not send videos showing yourselves driving like knob, overtaking on blind bends, crossing double white lines,driving way too fast for the road and conditions or nearly running into the back of somebody due to the above driving. I would post an example but they seem to have been deleted off you tube

Anyway we need to collate loads of vids to get the Rhocar video add going, please do not send videos showing yourselves driving like knob, overtaking on blind bends, crossing double white lines,driving way too fast for the road and conditions or nearly running into the back of somebody due to the above driving. I would post an example but they seem to have been deleted off you tube

I suppose videos of certain members having kit car mud fights are discounted then :crazy:

• Like 1

Guest boggybogstar

time for a repost of my alpine trip?

Fantastic video, ive just watched it twice and got all excited about my trip out there next June, they really are fantastic roads!!!