Rh Exmo Registration In Germany Help

Guest Angel77

Guest Angel77

Hello everyone

I bought my RH Exmo last year. The Car has an 1.6 Pinto Engine from Sierra, V5c and MOT. Great car, great sound..i like it very much

I am trying to register it now in germany where i live. In order to do so I need aTechnical Data Sheet ( technisches Datenblatt ).

Could somebody help me

Guest Angel77

Thanks CMA

I need the information about

axles 1 and 2 (Kg)

maximum permissible laden mass of the vehicle in service in the member State

maximum technically permissible laden mass

number of axles

just the technical information about the car

Only the new style V5, not the old ones. The information on an IVA application form has most of the information, someone on here who's IVA'd an Exmo should have the info, failing that, figures for a 2B will probably be close enough.

Guest Gargoil

Ok, directly off the VOSA form for my Exmo.

Axle 1 377kg

Axle 2 484kg

Technical permissible maximum laden mass 860kg

Number of axles, hopefully two.

Mass of car in running order is 785kg

Hope that helps.

Think I need to go on a diet..............

Design weights for IVA need to more than actual measured

So axle weights + 75Kg per seat and 25Kg baggage

My S3 was 450 per axle design weight and that was a bit tight

Suggest 550 rear 500 front

Guest Angel77

Hello and thanks to everyone for helping me,

especially many thanks to Gargoil.

This is exactly what i need for registering the RH hier

I want to ask you Gargoil is there more technical information on your VOSA Form? Could you please give me all the details? It would be great help..

Do you have a 1.6 Exmo?

thanks in advance

Guest Gargoil

There isn't much else on there Angel. Wheelbase is 2726 mm and there is a quoted power output of 97/5500 kW.

There is a vehicle identification number and engine number.The test category is M1 and body type (DVLA code) is 21, how much of a help that is to you, I don't know.

Mine is a 2.1 pinto, so there may be some differences, such as the running order weight, but it wont be much of a change.

I think the problem Stewart had registering his car was that there was no European Type Approval for the type, therefore he had to jump through hoops to obtain registration in Spain.

The Technical Data Sheet, (sometimes referred to as the Technical File). It is a document or set of documents that lists the components (primarily major parts but sometimes also includes the minor parts), used to build the item in question - in this case it is Angel77's car, and will be required by, I think, TUV.

The Data Sheet will state all the European regulations the item meets (CE Declaration of Conformity). Every item sold in the EU will have one of these, usually held with the item manufacturer (self certification) or a licensed 3rd party.

In this case, it might be a good idea, Angel77, to seek clarification (if possible), as to the specific information required in the Technical Data Sheet because you may need to specify down to fixings, (screws, nuts & bolts) or just keep it relatively high level (engine details, gearbox, noise level, emissions, number of seats, chassis construction, tyres type, max speed, capacities [fuel, oil, water], crash protection etc etc). They may also be picky down to switch type, dials and gauges.

An item to discuss could be the original Single Vehicle Approval (SVA) test the car may have passed - depending on its age. This may provide some supporting evidence of the build quality and standard.

GBS have an agent in Germany who may be able to provide you with guidance on the registration of your car Angel77. It has to be worth a phone call or e-mail at least. I've just had a look on their website and here are the details of their agent:

GERMANY:

Bernd Backes

T: +49 152 231 473 12

E: Bernd.Backes@derbausatzladen.de

Hope you have success and enjoy many miles of motoring on the fantastic roads in Germany, I spent just over 3 years on and off working just outside Stuttgart at Almersbach and I miss my trips out there.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Al

Guest Angel77

Thanks a lot

What Al Milton discribes is exatly the problem here. In order to get TUV they need all the technical information.

I will call the GBC Dealer in Germany and hope it will work.

I am also considering the idea if it doesn't get the TUV registering the car back in England and driving it here....

Thanks again everyone.

Angel