2B On Ebay - Beware

Knock-on

Saw this on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Robinhood-GBS-2B-kit-car-over-20000-spent-on-the-build-no-reserve-/151471884913?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item23446d8a71

It's up for good money but has not been through an IVA so is illegal on the road.

Looks like someone is going to end up with a spares car that will need a lot of work for IVA for mega money :(

I've just asked this:

"When you say it's on the road with plates and no tax or MOT are necessary, is that because you've used a pre 1965 identity for the car and it's got Ford on the log book?

Obviously this would be illegal and it would be better if your listing said that the car was complete, running and just needed and IVA and the car could probably be on the road and legal for less than £1000"

Edited by richyb66
  • Like 1

I've just asked this:

"When you say it's on the road with plates and no tax or MOT are necessary, is that because you've used a pre 1965 identity for the car and it's got Ford on the log book?

Obviously this would be illegal and it would be better if your listing said that the car was complete, running and just needed and IVA and the car could probably be on the road and legal for less than £1000"

Are you sure you did`nt threaten to send the boys round???

Something has spooked him

Andi

Guest aidankinnell

I asked him if he would reimburse any costs to bring it to IVA standard, especially as he said it was! Pointed out the front indicator stalks and the angle of the fog light. Must have been other things but felt they were pretty obvious.

He's stated that it needs an IVA and that the plates shown on it don't come with the car - seems fair enough to me.

I wonder what he'll do with the V5 now, selling V5's on their own is also a big no-no but if he'd managed to get that reg on a retention certificate, it could be worth a few quid.

Most likely he'll just throw in the V5 if he sells the car and leave it up to the new owner to decide if they'll bother with IVA.

Edited by richyb66
  • Like 1