Getting There

johnhetherington

Now doing all the finishing off bits in prep for the IVA.

Big thanks to Bob Tucker for his help last week, it just wouldn't start, after a few checks turns out the plugs were knackered even though they were new. Apparentley plugs don't like Zetec engines and they only need to be flooded to ruin them, new set of plugs fitted.

Anyway Bob sorted that out and now she is running ready to take to BD ngineering for a rolling road set up.

Thats' the wonder of this club, always genuine people ready to help, wouldn't have got this far if it wasn't for this forum and the members.

Finally finished the dash so posted a pic, big thank you to my very understanding wife who did all the leather (Vinyl) work.

Printed off the IVA forms, not as daunting as first thought.

Big intake of breath and going for it.

Stoneleigh here I come.

John

http://www.johnskitcar.com

post-2376-0-29386300-1416245267_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I only knew about the Zetec plug issue from a few other members who have had similar problems

they shared on this forum.

I have to say John's car is testimony to the many many many years (LOL) he, his wife & sons have put

into it.

The testers should look very favourably on it.

It made me a bit ashamed of mine so its prompted me to do a lot

more work over winter than I planned!

Best of luck John,

just buzz if you need a hand anytime.

Tee Hee. Look on the positive side. I quite like it when young ladies give up their seats on the bus for me. I was buying roofing slates in ashphaltic a couple of days ago. Furious shouting customer paused his argument to let me pass with a 'Come on through, Grandad' and they carried my 5 slates to the car for me. I had been about to make a wide detour to pass them. (Mind you, no one thought about who was going to help me carry them up the ladder and put them in the roof.)

Pinto cylinder heads are getting heavy.

Nigel

Edited by Longboarder
  • Like 1

Pinto cylinder heads are getting heavy

Funny you should say that. 3 years ago I bought a Redtop block with crank, rods & pistons (no head)

I struggled, but carried it down to the shed where it has sat since then.

I now need to bring it back, to get it rebored & reassembled.

I couldnt even pick it up....I had to remove the crank, rods & pistons, then put

the bare block on a trolley (that I had to make).

On the plus side, I have just had a free trip to the Tower for one last look at the remaining poppies.

& got choked up again.