Bonnet Louvres

Guest 2b cruising

Guest 2b cruising

Hi to all readers. Can anyone out there either tell me if they know a place in the Kent area that I can get louvres put into the top of my 2B bonnet. Either that or where I can hire the swagging tool from.

I don't want to pay silly money for another tool that will get little use.

Ken

I wish I didn't have bonnet louvres. They drip water all over the engine, down into the plug wells and over the electrics. I have finally got round to sealing them.

Nigel

I was thinking the exact same thing. The louvres are punched all the way up the bonnet - way past the bulkhead and very unhelpfully there are 2 sitting right above where I am planning to put the Fuses/relays etc etc so will need blanking.

As an alternative, you could just cut out the bonnet and fit some aftermarket fibreglass type ones on (just an example below) - might be cheaper and easier?:-

http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Edited by FERRINO

Ken,

Looks like you've decided on a way forward which will be a good alternative (and cost effective).

We have used this company http://www.pioneersheetmetal.co.uk/ for some prototype fabrication in the past, not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but may be worth filing for future reference should you need.

They are based in Ramsgate, about 5 mins from me.

Cheers

Al

Guest 2b cruising

Well I am quite astonished at the amount of choice. I have had a look at all that have been linked and some are really good. Bob seeing as pirates cave is 2 miles away, I will probably have a look tomorrow. Other than that I quite like a few straight cut ones on eBay so will be thinking about which to get.

Many thanks to all. Really good and helpful response from so many people.

Great club to be in.

Ken W.

I'm not really against bonnet louvres. They do break up the panel, have a decorative benefit and can be functional for letting hot air out from under the bonnet.

But they do let in water so make sure you arrange them so they don't drip on electrics, into a carb or into the plug valley, etc.

Nigel