Who Has The Hardest Job Of The Week.?

Guest scrabster

Guest scrabster

evening all,

I reckon it's me(obviously) currently chopping up a cement mixer barrel with a full load of very solid mortar in it.beat that if you can.

Regards,jess.

Guest 2b cruising

You poor unlucky person.

Before I retired from work, one breakdown I attended was to a loaded mixer that stopped running. Of course it was fully loaded too.

On checking why it wouldn't run I found a milky looking substance in the fuel.

Traced it all the way from the tank to the return fuel line. No way was that mixer going to start again.

I had it towed back to the workshops as the company had no other mixer to plumb in to its hydraulics and get it emptied in time before the concrete set.

We found out that the normal driver had been sacked the previous week and had put some concrete polishing powder in the tank before it was returned to the main depot. A journey of some 100 miles plus.

It ended up needing a full and complete engine rebuild, every moving part replaced.

The complete fuels system and every pipe was replaced.

This then left the leasee with the task of getting the absolute full load hammer drilled out.

Moral of the story. Don't sack the driver until his option of revenge is taken away from him.

Guest peter2b2002

just taken 30 sheets of plaster board 240x120 11mm and 60 lengths of 3,5mtr 3x2" + 40 lenghts 5x2" up a long flight of stairs with just me , myself and i to do it

took me all morning allowing for tea breaks

peter2b

I'm struggling on my last week of 4 weeks notice! Just want out and to get settled in my new job.

Have they had you training your replacement? In my last job I had a week sat doing nothing as my replacement came from within the company and so I spent an hour doing a handover and then left him to it. Longest week of my life!

Pam has been ill over the past month.......The cause has now been identified

as a thyroid problem & is being treated......so I have been appointed as housekeeper.

In that time, I have failed my baking test....

failed the washing machine theory test....

been accused of breaking the hoover (unjustly)

been lambasted for not doing anything right..

Ive never been so keen to resign from any job.

• Like 4

Guest Ian Maycock

I failed my ironing test many years ago. i did explain at the time i wasn't very good with heavy machinery. not been asked to do it since.

The person at Scottish Power dealing with my complaint about multiple overlapping bills causing confusion but as I updated their information with actual readings and they simply added the difference to the poorly estimated overlapping balances, increasing the amount they are now refusing to review the account and resolve any issues!

Did anyone else know Customer Service Managers are non-customer facing? You learn something new everyday!

Edited by WallerZ

What's this thing called work? Ah thanks for retirement! Now back to wiring the Hood!

should be finnished by now! I fitted the engine i got off you, had a year of motoring and the completed a zetec conversion while holding down a full time job and entertaining two little ones.

I know its retirement but you can go a little faster lol.

• Like 1

Did you know they have just received a 12 day ban from making marketing calls due to their poor customer service?

Threaten me with court action and refusing to help me understand my bill and review it as i believe they are overcharging me? Surely they need to provide customer service for it to be deemed poor?