Water Heated Seats?

agent_zed

I remember outdoor toilets in winter.

No flush as the cistern was a block of ice.

Water trap iced over.

Take out a large pan of warm water to flush.

Did exactly that in our second shop --- & ended up with no loo -- the heat shock cracked the bowl clean though at the ice/warm water line.

Another admirer of Tesla ? Well over a hundred years ago he proposed wireless transmission of power --- maybe one of the things that got stamped on by other vested interests -- but he did give us the AC distribution network.

Wasn't there an old Morgan that used the exhaust gas through the chassis tubes to act as a heater? Maybe you could do the same to the kit cars and have an electronic valve to run the exhaust gases through the chassis/seats....

Edited by WallerZ

The 2CV used a jacket round the exhaust to give warm air to the cabin ---- great until you thrashed the poor wee beastie with 4 up --- the ducting caught fire & filled the cabin with smoke before a stop could be made.

Guest 2b cruising

Wasn't there an old Morgan that used the exhaust gas through the chassis tubes to act as a heater? Maybe you could do the same to the kit cars and have an electronic valve to run the exhaust gases through the chassis/seats....

i was under the impression that Morgan chassis were made of wood? Don't know but might have made a metal one at some stage.

Beatles used engine heat through air ducting.

Yes more modern ones are, I'm sure there was one from the very, very early days of morgan that did this....I'm trying to recall memories from a university trip to the factory.....following a "fantastic" idea of a course wide pub trip the night before....