Set Up

jaimo

Just fitted a used weber 32/36 that I got of Ivan so I know good but struggling to set mixture as really sooty (rich) done the 1 and half turns out etc what's best why of setting up the car including mixture dizzy timing etc etc as I used £15 fuel doing about 40-50 miles tops and a bit of running trying to set it up and now fuels less power than before could carb be at fault timing etc any advice please

Easy enough to adjust the choke to be fully open and thus taken out of the equation. Couple of dabs on the accelerator pedal when starting from cold and a bit of nursing for a minute will get round the 'lack' of choke. The other thing that can make it run rich is float height/poor needle valve/too powerful a fuel pump. Pull the top off the carb to check condition of the needle valve and measure float height setting (and check float is sealed and has no fuel inside).

12 deg BTDC is a good starting point for timing.

Nigel

post-21-0-21667500-1432334936_thumb.jpg

Edited by Longboarder

I have got a foam filter with base plate with base plate on the filter off the choke still works but notices the choke flaps are not solid vertical when off they move a bit loose like