2.0L Type 9 Gbox Swap For V6 Version

speedtripledan

With spacer and this

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=311402305069&alt=web

With standard 2.0 litre type 9 just basically moves bellhousing forward with new prop or gearbox moving

Make fitting zetec easier just need to make spacer the difference between longer and standard shorter shaft

Count me in rich

Come on you know you want to

Edited by jaimo

would nt want to reign on your parade rich

but a spacer plate made for standard type 9 using standard box and bellhousing but spaced using the longer shaft as v6 but made for standard 18 spline would make zetec etc etc easier what sort of price would it be if you interested

Guest Ian & Carole

would nt want to reign on your parade rich

but a spacer plate made for standard type 9 using standard box and bellhousing but spaced using the longer shaft as v6 but made for standard 18 spline would make zetec etc etc easier what sort of price would it be if you interested

As I said earlier all input shafts are 23 spline.

Guest Ian & Carole

It not really that important Ian. LoL

PML.

No I know Ken but when one person is talking about 19 spline and then about 18 spline it can start confusion which is never good in a complicated issue like this.

It is also a folly to put a brand new input shaft into an old gearbox and expect them to mesh without issue.

Just my thoughts though so I will but out of this one.

Edited by Ian & Carole

Not to rain on anybody's parade but when I looked at fitting a V6 box to my 2B the ratios just didn't give a big enough improvement to make it worth the effort. The first 3 gears are 8% higher and 4 and 5 are the same. Using one of the speed calc programs out there I would gain 2.5mph in first, 4.7mph in second and 6.8 in third, this is at 6k rpm with a 3.9 diff.

Ratios are 3.65, 1.97, 1.37, 1.0 and 0.82 for 2.0l.

Ratios are 3.36, 1.81, 1.26, 1.0 and 0.82 for V6.

Going for close ratio box would be the way to go but at around a grand it's just too much money for me.

I did a piece for the Hoodies mag a while back explaining the process

In essence it is this

Straight 4 bell housing fits on V6 box using the spacer this makes the whole lot 30mm longer

The box in an S3 can only go back 1m or so you then move the engine mounts 20mm towards the front

Exhaust manifold may hit the side exit hole and the rear exhaust mount needs moving a tad

That's it

Input and output splines are the same on both boxes

You will note that the Caterham spacer has a cutout for the V6 box lays haft bearing

Retro ford does not