Bike Carbs

jaimo

Yes mate, as Rich says all linked together. I drilled into each of the inlets on the manifold got a guy at work to weld a fitting into each hole then piped them together into "T" pieces and then to the Vacuum pipe on the dizzy. I just used simple plastic tubing, nothing fancy, and it works.

Right I haven't had time to speak to Marcus yet as arranged but just thought I would get further advice do I need megajolt for carbs or do I just buy accuspark non vacum dizzy to ru the bike carbs they have tps

Got to buy one or other so might as well but the right one CNN get 2nd hand megajolt for just over 100 so not much different price

Also if megajolt how do you wire it and map it do you keep coil etc or lose the lot its already been on Pinto and the carbs comes with coil pack etc etc

your not chasing crazy power.. just run a dizzy. fit accuspark to it cos its more reliable than points. throw on the carbs . get em set op on the rollers and go have fun.

no need to spend money where not needed.. ive done 4k on my set up with no issues.. well not the engine running.

Guest alexpink

Agreed, just get an accuspark dizzy and stick with it. If the advance curve isn't right, just change the springs inside the dizzy (or get one made up properly). Keeps it simple and saves faffing about with electronic ignition which you haven't really introduced a need for.

Guest Ian & Carole

Right I haven't had time to speak to Marcus yet as arranged but just thought I would get further advice do I need megajolt for carbs or do I just buy accuspark non vacum dizzy to ru the bike carbs they have tps

Got to buy one or other so might as well but the right one CNN get 2nd hand megajolt for just over 100 so not much different price

Also if megajolt how do you wire it and map it do you keep coil etc or lose the lot its already been on Pinto and the carbs comes with coil pack etc etc

Another "butterfly moment" flutter here flutter there!!!!

Just get it built and stick a good quality dizzy in it and forget about it.

I put an "accuspark" electronic dizzy in both the Daimler and the Beauford 4 years ago and have not looked at either since.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Pinto-electronic-distributor-coil-red-8mm-HT-leads-4-x-NGK-AP6FS-plugs-/121809253017?hash=item1c5c65b299:g:CgcAAOSwI-BWPfVk