Bike Carbs

jaimo

To space out the carbs you are at least looking at lengthening the rods that link the butterflies, the enrichment choke system, and the interconnecting fuel pipes and breathers if fitted. It has been done but you could do with a lathe to turn up some of the parts accurately.

According to Burton Power, the 32/36 carb is good for 135bhp but the stock car people modify it to give more power as they have to stick with the standard carb

ZX6 carbs are easy enough to respace, you've already got the fuel pipes and all you need to do is extend the tongues on the throttle linkages.

I think I used 10mm wide flat bar from B&Q that bent easily to shape in a vice, cut to size, drill the extension and the tongue and bolt together with 3mm stainless allen head bolts.

You can see the extension as the rusty piece in the middle of this set

DSCF1325.jpg

Choke is easier as it's just a case of cutting and fitting a few extension pieces that you can see here

DSCF1326.jpg

You'll also need some 8mm threaded bar to hold them all together as the original bolts won't be long enough any more.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mower man

There are not many things that are not improved by set up on r/r but if fitting the carbs is going to be part of a job I would not bother with rr till the lot is done cos you will only have to do it again ! simples really :crazy:

No I got house purchase going through so by Xmas the engine rebuild will be done then will fit carbs hopefully will get some of you guys round for bike carb fit and set up including you Mick any other volunteers prob be january sometime any offers (marcus) lol

Sounds like a plan. Doesn't need many bodies..

Not enough room.

Find out what jets people use and get them fitted firstly.

Then it should be as simple as plumb up.fit cables.fire it up and balance them