Best Place To Buy Bolts?

agent_zed

Guest mower man

There must be a fastener supplier [ nut and bolt shop] in your area a lot of stuff on ebay is caca grade would not use it . find your supplier and go to the trade counter pay cash , it works wonders , I m very lucky and have a brill supplier 10 mins away ,I spent 30 quid with them 10 years ago on a mixture of 8.8 grade bolts in varing sizes still using them ! mick

As above, have a look round locally. I found a fastener supplies place on an industrial estate about 10 minutes away from me. The owners only supply top quality fasteners and can be dearer than on eBay but I use them because of the quality. She has a vast range in stock and will supply small quantities. If the item is non-stock then she will get them but only in boxed quantities. It's rare that I haven't been able to get fixed up

Guest 2b cruising

You can get good spec fixings from screw fix and other likewise sites.

Just go through the catalogue for the spec that you want.

Not easy to find cheaper and if you want a hundred + it won't be a problem.

thanks guys, will see if there is somewhere local. i looked on ebay and couldn't find any cheap ones as most people don't sell the quantity i am after.

They aren't critical as they are just bolting the larger beams to the sides of the existing beams in the attic so my house isn't going to fall down if they fail, it's only so they move as one.

I wondered about bolt bar as can get 5m's for about £5 on the one site i found.

thanks

thanks. i'm just adding new timbers for the floor of the attic (and ceiling of the rooms below) and just leaving in the 4x2's that are tieing the roof together. The new beams will just sit next to the 4x2's. technically don't really need to be joined to the 4x2s but might as well as it will stiffen everything up. The new beams sit either end and don't rely on the old beams at all, which is why i am not too worried. The main reason i guess is to make sure the old beams don't sag and push the plasterboard off the new beams.

I'll have a look at HT studding.

Thanks

Guest mchi3am2

+1 for Bapp. I've always found they're brilliant and you can get virtually any fixing you could ever dream of from them.

I'm sure last time I went there there were a load of bolts I'd never even seen before, let alone could identify.

www.bapp.co.uk