Helllllpppppp

Del1968

started wiring up my dials they all was working fine cant seem to get the horn working or the fog lights and the blower switch also got a faulty speedo which cbs are sending a new one been trying for hrs now to get the switches wired up to work now the problem is none of my gauges work and i aint touched them i need an auto electrian to come and sort it before i set fire to it driving me :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I'm no expert but I'm doing my dials and switches at the moment and it really helps to have a diagram of what you're doing - maybe create a schematic for what you've got at the moment and it will either become clearer about where you're going wrong or you can at least post the schematic here for wiser heads to stare at?

the thing is all my gauges worked rev,volt,oil,fuel,water,clock except the speedo which is faulty and cbs is sending a new one now when i switch the ignition to switch nothing all dead as if no power to them

Guest Gargoil

Back to basics. What does work on the car?

Does she start, do the lights work?

What has been removed, have any of the fuses blown? Something loose/master switch problem? There seems to be something common to the problem so is it an earthing fault?

As Blue says, start at the beginning with one switch and a pair of wires, when they are working go on to the next, you will probably discover why they aren't all working.

If the loom is modified from a ford doner loom dont forget that there is a hidden main fuse.

The + wire from the battery has a fuse link buit in but just looks like a wire, this is the wire that does everytrhing EXCEPT power the starter.

• Like 1

Yes, sounds like a fuse. Check for voltage at the gauge supply terminals. If you haven't got a meter use a bulb with 2 pieces of wire attached to show if you have voltage. Check across the battery first to prove the bulb works. There are some very cheap meters out there which are good enough for this sort of test.

The + wire from the battery has a fuse link buit in but just looks like a wire

It may be that you will have to run a new wire if the built in fuse is not replaceable.

Or else, cut out the fuse part of the wire & rejoin it.

If your lights are working I don't think it will be your main in line fuse. It's probably a smaller secondary fuse (in the fuse box or in-line). Did you disconnect the battery before working on the gauges?

it was the fuse in the fuse box all gauges working now thanks for help but still need advice on wiring the billet switches for the horn the fog lamps and the heater looked at the instrutions but still no joy has anyone used these switches with the single pole connection block