Proof Of Engine Age

Guest will.holroyd

Guest will.holroyd

Hi all,

I'm in a position where I would like to get offical proof of the year of manufacture of my mazda engine. I understand that for emissions test during IVA if you can demonstrate the true age of the engine the test parameters can be adjusted accordingly. Please correct me if this is not true.

Unfortunately I naively bought my engine a few years ago without any documents from the original vehicle just assuming I would be issued Q plates and I didn't even consider the different test parameters. I recently contacted the homologations department at mazda to see if they were able to provide a formal confirmation from the engine number, but I was told that they can only do this using the VIN number. So now I'm at a deadend.

Has anyone been able to overcome a similar issue? If so how.

Or, does anyone know how I go about finding the original VIN from the engine number so I can then go back to mazda?

The only info I have is the engine number.

Thank you

If you've not got a V5 and a VIN, then you're presumably not going the single donor, age related registration route? In this case the age of the engine should be irrelevant because they'll test it to the Q plate standards and don't need proof of age.

i had the same problem when i ivad my westi

someone had swapped the engine and the number was different to the one on the holomogations letter.

i just stuck a cat on the exhaust and passed the emissions test as it were aged over 1994.

i got an age related plate i used the engine number which i had in the car

i did have the log book for the mazda and the old vin plates

like richyb66 says though if you not going for age related it doent make any difference as it wont be tested for proof of age