Exhaust

Del1968

took the manifold to bloke today gonna cost 500 quid to have a new one made out of stainless thats with the car there or 1100 without out the car cause he will have to make a jig plan B i think try and mig weld it and see if it holds till i can get new one

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep any eye out on eBay, I got a stainless 4 into 1 westfield manifold for 60 quid. Granted I had to adjust the car to make it fit but I am prepared to do a lot of that if it saves me 500 quid. Get the old one fixed while you wait

Guest 2b cruising

Exactly as above.

You can buy new collectors for next to nothing of the bay. They slide over the down pipe, after cutting it just below the welding then you can either use,a decent strong exhaust clamp or weld it to the down pipe. Leaving the old collector on the manifold side, use a mallet to shape the top to suit. Then weld up. This will save you lots of time trying to,seperately the taper from the manifold. I can see that your old one is now far to thin to last even if you do repair it. If you do order new parts, just measure your outer diameter on the down pipe so you get the correct inner diameter to match your old pipe after you cut off the waste.

Just look up stainless,exhaust parts. Stainless will weld to mild so no worries there.

I did make one for my Marlin as I wanted to rout it differently.

Tractors over Body or chassis would fit quite easily if,you choose to go that way. Maybe have to slightly change you silencer position ver slightly.

You will just have to change the bonnet by cutting to allow the pipes out.

They do tend to give the car a slightly more aggressive look.

The side panel holes can then be used for cooling, or fill them in with cut sheet stainless glued or Silkoflexed on the inside of the hole/s.

Edited by 2b cruising

Guest 2b cruising

I managed it once, then the photo just disappeared.

Not bothered since but it can be a neusence.

A picture is worth a thousand words or so they say.

Edited by 2b cruising

if you open a photobucket account

upload pictures from your phone direct to photobucket

to transfer pictures to rhocar open photobucket and open window in rhocar where you want to paste photo in photo bucket recent downloads click on the picture you want to paste this will enlarge the picture just the right of the picture there is another box with five smaller boxes click on the box that has IMG next to it the box should flash copied at this point minimise photobucket and go back to the rhocar window at the top of the rhocar window just to the right of the smiley emoti there are three symbols that look like clip boards click on the first one it will open a small window in this window click cursor so it flashes then press ctrl and the letter v at the same time this should paste a script in the window then you click yes this then transfers the script to the rhocar window it will stay as a script untill you click post then it converts to a picture

yes it is a faf but this is how i do it and it works in this age of technology you would think it would be easy

t

go back to the rhocar window at the top of the rhocar window just to the right of the smiley emoti there are three symbols that look like clip boards click on the first one it will open a small window in this window click cursor so it flashes then press ctrl and the letter v at the same time this should paste a script in the window then you click yes this then transfers the script to the rhocar window it will stay as a script untill you click post then it converts to a picture

In fact all you need to do is paste the link into the reply itself, no need to go through that procedure.

Thanks to Chris for the over chassis manifold and silencer I have now got another problem lol the joys of kit cars my brake lines that go into servo are in the way not allowing the manifold to fit also clutch cable and throttle cable question is can I cut and move and re join the brake pipes so they are out of the way

my old manifold has gone in to be welded but he did say that he will try and do it but dont hold much hope as it is so thin the metal thats why i decided to have the manifold off chris it will go but need to move the brake pipes from the servo so they are not in the way if i can cut them and move and rejoin woith straight couplings then great