Which Clutch?

danielbrookes

Afternoon,

I'm trying to work out which clutch I need to use with my crate 2.0 Zetec Blacktop as it didnt come with one.

The engine doesnt have any markings on it where they should be, but it does have a product code on the CAM cover which is 254G-6L084 and I think it was manufacturered in 1999 if I use the code "XS7G-FA", which is the only code I can see stamped on the block. Altough, there is a bit 05 and a welsh dragon on the sticker...so I am assuming it could be 2005.

Anyway, the clutch kit I have purchased is for an 04 2.0 Focus and its 228mm, too big. I think I need a 180mm clutch if I look at the flywheel, but all of the onces I see listed are either 220mm or 228\230mm for the 1.8 and 2.0 Focus.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I am assuming that I have the 2.0 flywheel fitted, as there is a marking on it "DA 258944 20".

Attached is a picture and the diameters, roughly. Hopefully I am doing something daft...

Thanks,

Daniel

post-12984-0-44397600-1487510457_thumb.jpg

So you need a new flywheel. I would go for a new 1.8 zetec flywheel, drilled for a 2.0L pinto pressure plate and clutch-plate. You can use your old pinto pressure plate, clutch plate and release bearing. Assuming you are changing from 2.0L pinto to zetec you've got those bits already! Nothing to stop you buying new bits if you want to! Only other bit you need is the spigot bearing.

Retro ford do the ready drilled flywheels (part Z015) for 120 quid.

Nigel

• Like 1

Thanks guys, a frustrating day for me but glad I got to the bottom of it with your help. Yep, it was a crate engine. More stuff for me to add to the list but it will have to wait as funds are tight.

Plenty of other tinkering to do though :)

Edited by danielbrookes