Sign in to follow this  
nelmo

RHOCaR Treasure Hunt 2019

Roll up, roll up for the new and exciting adventure that is the RhoCar treasure hunt!

What’s it all about?

You will get sent a list of 90+ landmarks dotted round the country (between 1 and 3 per. county). Starting in March and running until the end of October, you need to find as many of the landmarks as you can and take a picture of it and your kit (or tin top if you’re a non-kit owner) in view.

Landmarks are worth a differing amount of points depending on how difficult they are to find or get to. In November, you send all the pictures (preferably in a link to Dropbox/Google photos etc) to us, we tot up the scores and a winner is announced.

An example landmark:

County / Region               Landmark                                        Location               Points

44           Worcestershire                 Earl Beauchamp's Fountain          Cowleigh              20

Why?

To get you out in your kits. The landmarks are designed to be in scenic parts of the country (not motorway services etc) which are worth a drive anyway. Go on a long weekend, plan a route via. a few landmarks on the list and you’ll have a great time.

What’s it cost?

Free to members, £10 to non-members (entry is per car).

Where do I sign up?

Please PM your email address or email me (magazine@rhocar.org), so that I can mail you the list. Payment to be made by PayPal or cheque (details to be advised).

Rules?

1.       Please do not give the list to other people – the club relies on these sort of events to keep running and it’s not an excessive amount of money for non-members to pay.

2.       This is a non-competitve, fun event on public roads, so all normal laws of speeding, insurance, roadworthiness etc, etc apply – the club is not be responsible for any accidents/incidents/divorces caused by your involvement (legal waffle out the way).

3.       Use of sat-navs is fine.

4.       Event starts on March 1st and ends on October 31st. Lists will be emailed to entrants in late February.

5.       …er, I think that’s it!

Acknowledgement: I have shamelessly stolen this idea from Dave Hancock who runs the Round Britain Rally for bikers. I have done his event a couple of times on my bike and it’s really good fun, hence why I want to do it in my kit as well. I’d like to thank Dave for letting us use last year’s landmark list (which he has spent many, many hours compiling) and I urge you to visit his website and consider joining in the full event (if you’re a biker).

Any questions, please ask away – hopefully, we can have a great driving season getting lost looking for little bits of stone!

• Like 4

Great idea, especially for us retirees, who are looking for things to do.

BUT do we get penalised for having too much time!!!

You have a PM Neil.

Thanks for organising

Fantastic idea, might encourage more travel and get to meet other U.K. kit car club members that we do not see except at Stoneleigh once a year.

Could also be a great addition to our magazine, photo of cars and U.K. map with pins/flags where people have been. 

• Like 1