I made a set from polyurethane in my last car. Very stif and you felt it vibrating in the cabin, I can’t tell you how great the driving experience tho. Best thing I ever did. Would not want them on a daily driver however. 

• Thanks 1

Not a Winter mod as such and certainly not on the same scale as my normal projects. 

Knowing I get bored easily, @DeanRudkin asked me to trim these front arches for him so I've spent a couple of wet weekends on them, The vents in the back of the arches are molded closed and were trimmed out with a oscillating saw and a Dremmel. The cut edge of the fibreglass was then thinned out to look a bit more even. Finally the arch was given  a good flat over to remove the mold join lines and small skim of filler here and there.

Here's the final job, they just need priming, a wet flat and the top coats and they're done.

DSC_0423 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0425 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0426 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0424 (Medium).JPG

Edited by richyb66
Spelling
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DeanRudkin said:

Looks awesome mate cheers 

Kept me out of trouble for a bit. I'll bring them to the next Leics meet if you're going. 

Free drinks for Richy at the next meeting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MarkBzero
      All,
      After a great weekend at Sant Pod it got me thinking what are the best mods we can do with our cars to improve straight line acceleration? Obviously we need grip, power and quick reactions, how can this be achieved and more importantly how much?
      No I am not adding a jet engine to the roll cage!
    • By ddhmlk
      Can anyone tell me whats the best and easiest way of getting extra performance from this engine ........ many thanks a clueless newbie.
    • By Newtothegame
      New to this site and not a 2B expert in any sense of the word but have paid the £15 membership to correctly post.

Lack of time and space have forced me to sell my Robin Hood 2B plus, I know very little about it as I bought it in the state it's in.

Previous owner have got it 75% finished, I'm told its got updated suspension and I'm told that the stainless steel frame and paneling are optional extras.

It's got a 2.1l pinto engine set up on bike carbs.

Looking at it I would say everything needed to finish is included, there's 5 brand new boxed alloys, race seats, race harnesses and.boxes full of bits that just need bolting on.

I'm happy to answer any questions as best I can. Car is located in Wellington Somerset and delivery can be arranged.

When I bought the car, I bought a car transporter trailer seperatley (shown in pics) so am happy to sell this by seperate negotiation. Looking for £3750 including trailer or offers for just car and parts.

• By Dean Morledge
      Hi All,

As I am looking to get the car on the road and the weather not exactly being warm I was thinking about getting some gloves that I can use when driving so was hoping someone out there might be able to make some recommendations as to some gloves that will keep my hands warm in the cold early mornings but also allow me to keep a hold of the steering wheel without it slipping out my hands!

I am not looking for some of the classic leather type driving gloves, I am looking for something a bit more modern.... My initial thought is to use some winter cycling/bmx gloves as these offer grip and can be quite warm. They might also help when I do go out cycling around the forests and when I come to do my charity bike ride in July (although I hope I wont need winter gloves for then!)

So any recommendations as to some warm gloves with a good grip would be much appreciated!

Dean
    • By Mr_Frosty
      Hey to all those that haven't got access to a garage or shed to keep your kit in over the winter months and even those with good ideas. What is best for keeping your car outside?

I've got the obvious things like under 2 covers and off the ground with the wheels off, but my main issue at the moment is the condensation that seems to happen on the inside?

Anyway to stop this? I've had a small look into these. http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649 car dehumidifiers. Are they any good?

Thanks.