Friar Tuck's In Hospital!

Guest bugsy

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome sight, Friar looking good at his bedside. Lesley reports that he is making slow progress but is having problems with his memory. She repeats the name of Hoodies on the site to prompt him.

post-13-1103141976.jpg

Hi

Whilst the news of friar's improvement was great news

it is absolutely fabulous to see him out of bed .

Best wishes to both friar and Leslie and to a speedy recovery in the coming weeks.

seasons greetings to both of you

Swan and Swan Jnr.

excellent news, looks like he's out of the woods now,

its the hoody spirit, if he can build a hood you can overcome all things the world can throw at you,

Will he be home for Christmas, Lesley??

ATB

Mitch and Chris

Guest the bear

Coming so soon after John T's problems news of Friars illness was obviously a real shock to all.

I did'nt want to post earlier as not having met Friar, and being a newcomer, I felt I was intruding a bit, but this is really great news. :D

What I would like to say is how much I have gained in terms of human spirit from following this thread and the support you guys have provided to both John and Friar and their families should make you all proud. B)

There is something about you Hoodies that seems you all have the most basic bloody minded determination to overcome anything, maybe it comes from the cars you choose but maybe it's something else.

Proud to be associated with you all, even if I do have a plastic car. :o :lol:

Keep up the recovery Friar and I hope you are home for Christmas.

Guest Bob's Babe

We've said it before: it's not the car it's the state of mind and attitude

that counts and these guys have it :D

Hope he's home and in the way for Christmas Lesley. :rolleyes:

If all else fails, read him the mag, put him in the car and drive it yourself...... the memory will get there on it's own :wacko:

love to you both :wub:

Tim (old person) and SUE (young person) :wub:

Really really great news, and good to see the Friar looking like his normal self. Lesley, I hope it is not long before you get him across to the Royal Shrewsbury, at least you'll have not far to go now! And for any hoodies who plan on visiting Neil at the RSH please bear in mind there is a speed camera right outside!

Guest Captain Daz

Lesley

Tell the Friar not to worry about the memory thing. I'm only 34, have never had an enyrism and I still can't remember a bloody thing!

Once at work we had a passenger who started to lose consciousness because he was diabetic and hadn't eaten properly. The paramedics brought him round and as they did they asked him his name, then what day it was to check he was ok. Everyone on the crew looked at each other with blank faces. We had no idea what bloody day it was and we were supposedly fit!

Seriously, have a wonderful Christmas. It will probably be the best you've ever had. My wife and I were talking about your trials and it certainly reminded us that all the presents, decorations, food and drink mean nothing really. Enjoy yourselves and we'll toast your continued health for the New Year.

Cheers

Daren

She repeats the name of Hoodies on the site to prompt him.

Steady on there we want him to get better not to frighten him off ;)

Good to hear he's on the mend at least and hope to meet you both at some point in the new year.

and "you all have the most basic bloody minded determination to overcome anything" :lol: :lol: :lol: I like that one and it can certainly be attached to a good few of the Hoodies I've met

Iain

Fantastic News Les,

Just got back from working away so catching up with the latest, Really great news, he should soon be back at home with you :)

Cant wait to see you both again very soon,

Love

paul and Liz :wub:

Guest Build-it

Just read the long awaited news and am so pleased to hear your on the mend, well done Neal and Lesley and our very best for a speedy recovery and a happy Christmas.

Shaun Maria and family

Update from Lesley, the doctors think Neal has a blood clot in one of his legs. It occurs to me that if the hospital he is in is a teaching hospital, then the students only need to visit the Friar. He has had more ailments than most in one visit!! ;) He could single handedly contribute to an upsurge in newly qualified doctors! :lol:

Seriously though, his sense of humour must be tested by now (and Mrs Friar), more so than building a turbe SuperSpec!