Hand Brake Lever For 2B

Guest 2Bbuilt

Guest 2Bbuilt

Chaps

i am pondering or rather dithering over my handbrake lever positioning for my 2B. i don't like the passenger floor idea, besides i will need to move it forward because of my seats.

how have you all done it?

mount on centre tubes?

if so what was the routing for the cable?

from what i can work out it would need to go backwards and then double back to enter the brake hubs correctly?

can you help, photos would be very useful

Guest janis

My s7 hanbrake is in the middle deffinetly no hand brake turns cos its nearly behind me and need turn aroud to apply hand brake..

Wondering can u not use something like amaerican cars?coming out of dash..just thinking..

My s7 hanbrake is in the middle deffinetly no hand brake turns cos its nearly behind me and need turn aroud to apply hand brake..

Wondering can u not use something like amaerican cars?coming out of dash..just thinking..

the 2CV had a dash mounted handbrake. You pulled it towards you and turned from memory.

Mine handbrake is also in the passenger footwell. Works fine for me, actually handbrake works far better than my bmw handbrake. I modded it a bit so it was higher so easier to reach. There are a few ways to do it as you can add a mounting block to lift the front or i added a longer toothed part and the lever just comes up higher.

Guest peter2b2002

I would but it would meen stripping the innerds out sorry, basicly i made up some tube spacers to get the hand brake level with the top tubes bolted them through the tubes with the adjuster dangling between the tubes, the brake cables came over the sub frame into the middle , i cut the ends off cables pushed them through tbe D shaped bit so they over lap each other, then i used small wire clamps to hold them in place 2 on each side of the D , been on my 2b for the ladt 10 years without any problems ,i think ive remembered every thing

peter2b

Guest 2Bbuilt

I'll take a pic of mine tomorrow and post up mine is exactly as above but I'm still mid build so you can see the tubes i shaped and welded on the the handbrake.

Thanks that would be very useful

I mounted mine on my tunnel side, but used the cut out in the floor.

See attached, just another option......

Handbrake moved.doc

Edit: Forgot to add, there are a couple of strengthening plates on the inside of the tunnel to prvent the tunnel from flexing when using the handbrake.

Edited by Al Milton
  • Like 1

Like magh - I'm still mid build, but have mounted mine in what I believe is the other 'fairly usual' way on top of the tunnel tubes. Yes you have to reach back slightly to use the handbrake but it's very easily achievable even with the harnesses on :-

20140323_213716_zpsbd41db8c.jpg

20140323_213659_zps250a3fba.jpg

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1