Rhocar Fun

keith kelly

Seen as the shows are getting scarse and we have a massive club full of petrol heads i was thinking of looking at organising a sprint day at curborough or a club event at santa pod. Made a few enquiries and waiting to get details but who would be interested?

Did curborough 2 years ago with the west mids boys and while its a small sprint track its great to get some confidence, learn your car and test it out. I think if numbers are good isnt that expensive either.

Always wanted to do santa pod and looking into it rwyb (run what ya brung) do quite a few events and welcome clubs. One i spotted was a saturday special where you can run from 9.30 am till 8pm and you can camp over so could be a laugh and as the runs are timed we can have a bit of fun and give a few trophys out (BEST AND WORSE RUN ETC) looking at prices cant see it costing more than 40-50 quid.

Open to suggestions and help in organising

Let me know your thoughts if enough interest we can make it happen

Regards

Keith

Edited by unclechief
  • Like 1

Either or both sounds like a good idea. Santa pod is not to far from me but I've never been there,it is on this years to do list anyway. I am sure that they would get a good reception as they are about as central as you can get. My only problem would be that I work Saturday's so unless it was on a Sunday my chances of making it would be limited. You can't accommodate everyone though.

Hmmm could be interesting on a drag strip... The charger should be well fettled by then so either my tyres will burst due to the sheer speed and kill me, my clutch will tear itself apart due to the sheer amount of torque and kill me, my engine will disintegrate and the shrapnel will kill me, my diff will twist itself out of the chassis and kill me........guess you can count me in then :crazy: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 5

Waiting for curborough to get back to me but there are two saturday night special we could enquire about at pod one end of march (MAY BE TOO EARLY FOR SOMe) and one 8th august both have camping. Will enquire and see what the score is.

There arenormal days avalable also but sat night special give you more time and has camping. I think we just pick a date and book a club stand (min 10 cars)

Edited by unclechief

Tazz you have to come because of your positive attitude! I think if was going to Santa pod I would trailer my car there with my range rover in case of breakdown. There you've started me off, range rover might break down anyway

• Like 1

And I get to try the Kamikaze ECU map mode.... 8)......

Undertakers booked for the 8th then :rofl: :rofl:

Kev..No need to bring a trailer I'll be driving it down....Might need a wheelie bin to bring it back though...ha hah :acute: