Honda Fireblade Carb Conversion

gomatthome

has anyone done the bike carb conversion.

have finally got round to attempting to start the engine but I am getting fuel pouring out of what I assume to be the overflow pipes from the bottom of the carb (there are four of them).

as i am not familiar with the honda fireblade set up can anyone make some suggestions as to whats going wrong / what i need to do to put right.

nb i have the low pressure fuel pump supplied by GBS to go with the bike cars so it should not be a case of too high a pressure (i think).

any suggestions as to what to do next would be appreciated,

phil

Guest scrabster

hi, mine did the same on first start up,stripped them down and cleaned everything with carb cleaner and all is ok 3 yrs later.sticky float needle seems to be the common fault.set up on r/r and nothings moved yet(toutch wood).

regards,jess.

has anyone done the bike carb conversion.

have finally got round to attempting to start the engine but I am getting fuel pouring out of what I assume to be the overflow pipes from the bottom of the carb (there are four of them).

as i am not familiar with the honda fireblade set up can anyone make some suggestions as to whats going wrong / what i need to do to put right.

nb i have the low pressure fuel pump supplied by GBS to go with the bike cars so it should not be a case of too high a pressure (i think).

any suggestions as to what to do next would be appreciated,

phil

When you say overflow pipes, are you sure its not float bowl drainage tube (ali ones)??

There should be a screw to tighten in the pipe itself if that is the case.

Just a thought

Andi

edit to say next to the pipes

when i say the four pipes yes its the four pipes (or nipples ) from the float bowls.

i have the fuel pipe connected to the articulated connectors at the bottom cant actually see any breather pipes on mine will need to have a look

not a pic from my car but found this pic which shows where the fuel pukes from (the bottom ones not the top ones. The large pipe which splits shown in the middle of the photo is where i have connected my fuel pipe

suggestions

I dont know the carbs, but you say "articulated pipes"? I guess these are breathers (my R1 breathers are articulated) I would guess there should only be 1 connection for fuel not two.

Wrong..... That's a breather that connects into the airbox. ;)

The fuel pipe is a pipe that connects onto the tee piece. (Slightly right of top centre in the pic, the brown plastic tee piece)

Guest scrabster

hi,my set up doesnt have the rail type thingy at the bottom,fuel is fed by two pipes from the bottom ,one for each pair of carbs,joined bt a tee piece then to a inline filter.the topp pipes are vents into the piperr filter ive got fitted,this is where the fuel *bleep* out when i had the problem with mine.

hth,regards,jess.

it was the float valves cleaned everything down and no fuel gushing out anymore.

Whats more have started her up for first time and there is life in the pinto.

Carbs need setting up will only run on tic over and timing is totally out so only runs on tick over but what the hell she is running.

Which of the south yorks members has the area timing light?

Phil