Newark Report

Guest MarkB

Guest MarkB

Err......... the first one Steve. :blush:

Must have been amusing for other campers watching a group of fat blokes chasing a tent across a field, if it wasn't for the Clio owning super man that dived on it as it headed for him and his tent I dread to think where it would have ended up.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all went with my friend in his tintop on Sunday, took an umbrella with me so kept the rain at bay. didn't have to use it that was good. Had a walk round the outside stalls, I think that what some had taken to sell I had thrown better things away to the scrap yard and the prices they where asking !!!!!

Then went into the hall had a look around, brought a couple of dash switches from CBS for my long ongoing build of my 2B with all modes about done now just a case of put it all back together now so if the weather holds up for next year then you will see me on the RHO patch.

By the time we had been around most things we found most of the members cars had gone, had a chat with a couple of members before they set off on their way home.

Must say that I have been to far better shows at Newark over the last few years, But the weather is the big governing facture in how a show stands out.

Martin

As above, I really enjoyed the Newark show even though most said it was a poor turnout.

Shame really as the weather wasn't too bad on the Sunday and the hog roast was superb.

Note to myself - must make a check list on what to bring / not bring to the next event. Beer and cutlery I think ! :blush:

By the way, what is this hollywell everyone is mentioning? This is the first I have heard about it and I thought Donington was the next one?

Thanks to everyone and I hope my glasses didn't dazzle too much :)

Simon.

Managed to venture out on the Saturday with the Old Man in his Marcos..

Kept nice and dry until 1 mile from Newark.

From this point on it proceed to p##s it down all day. Only about 30 or so Hoods on the stand (after all a 2B/ Zero) doesnt come equipped with paddles!)

I though the hall seemed busier this year, although the amount of people taking shelter probably swelled the numbers somewhat. Out side was very disppointing, again due to the weather.

We managed to stop long enough to watch Dan (Notimpressed) consume half a pig. I think we were all a few kilos heavier by the end of the night. It was really good to catch up with everyone, a shame we couldn't try out the new tent and stop over. Sounds like Sunday was much better.

Heres hoping for better weather for the next shows...

By the way, what is this hollywell everyone is mentioning? This is the first I have heard about it....

Simon.

Bloody hell Disco... It's only a 10 page long thread! Where you been hiding? ;)

http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=33681&hl=hollowell&fromsearch=1

The closing date has gone, but have a word with Rich, he may be able to pull some management strings. :)

Guest mower man

Got out on Sunday ,first proper run since last Sept good to see old faces and new ,had a wander bought a few consumables etc , must agree didn't seem as good as previous years .It didn't seem as busy as before and certainly not as many cars as in the past but we seemed to have as many as any body . Well done Phil with the clear up etc , roll on Donnington mower man :crazy:

Disco...Hollowell closing date is gone, so I cant promise anything....., but if you wanna go, send off the entry form (see page 5 of the Hollowell thread) and a stamped addess envelope and I'll pull some strings.

For some reason RHOCAR members are getting priority treatment at Hollowell this year....I wonder why that is! 8)

And add your name to the hollowell thread if you decide to send the entry form off.

Hi,

The reason I didn't know about it is because of :

"Because this show isn't advertised as well as it could be, my RH sits in the show amonst 3 or 4 other kit cars...but I hope this year we can do better than that!!!"

Which I read on the first post about it :)

I don't think I'll be able to get to this one this year but I'll keep it in mind for next year though. As I said, I didn't hear this mentioned until it appeared in this thread.

Oh well, I'll still look forward to Donington though - weather permitting :)

Simon.

My 1st trip to the newark set up. only made it on the sunday.lovely day it was too.

Came with my daughter ,she enjoyed it too, although only saw mark to chat to,so had a good wander round ,bought a few bits

drove home with roof of ,it was that nice.

although cycle wing bracket broke,so remove it and finished the journey with one wing :rolleyes:

All sorted now though.stronger bracket on now