Steering Issues

Guest Stuartl

Guest Stuartl

My Exmo suddenly developed a very 'notchy' feel through the steering column last year and I have now found out what it is.

Where the 'steering shaft' exits the pedal box into the engine bay it goes through a hold in the bulkhead approx 35mm diameter.

From what I can see (obviously not easy to see) the only way any sideways movement in the shaft was stopped was by a rubber grommet effectively reducing the size of the hole in the bulkhead to a snug (ish) fit around the shaft. The grommet has now disintegrated leaving the steering response, err, 'interesting'.

Does anyone have any pics or ideas on a decent bracket that can clamp round the column?

Thanks in anticipation!

Stuart

Guest mower man

what and where is the supplier of this bearing ?

Part numbers and at least one supplier on NW site ,my favourite supplier in S York is City bearings and seals in Sheffield ,good prices and good service mower man

Had a similar situation with the plastic holder thingy slipping out of the bulk head. I temporarily put a jubilee clip round the shaft tight up to the bulkhead until the go kart bearing turned up. The bearing is still sitting on the workbench 3 years later. :acute:

Andi

Part numbers and at least one supplier on NW site ,my favourite supplier in S York is City bearings and seals in Sheffield ,good prices and good service mower man

so if i call them and ask for this part number ill be sorted SLFL25 .??