Warning To U All

speedtripledan

started stripping the puegeot yesteday and ended up in A&E a bit of crap fell in my eyes causing a scratch on my eyeball, worse still i now have blurred / double vision. i wasnt grinding or cutting just under the car taking the exhaust off. Been back to hospital today and been told it might take a week to get back to normal.

Guest mower man

Dan be bloody care full mate it takes but a split second to loose your sight I was luckyI only lost one mostly wore goggles for any thing like that but not always[ yes i'm stupid ]and touch wood have got away with it but wouldn't like to see anyone else get to be like me or worse ,hopefully see you weds take care mick :acute: :clapping:

sorry to hear that, hope its mends quickly.

family always laugh at me as i normally end up in mask,safety specs, ear plugs when doing jobs. But i'd rather not damage my lungs, eyes or ears even if i am being over careful.

Dad once burnt his eye chipping a bit of hot flux off a arc weld. had a blurred vision for a week or so luckily it healed without a problem.

Edited by agent_zed

Been there too, spent all day welding and grinding under a VW camper with goggles etc, took them off when sweeping uo and flicked a piece of metal into my eye. Two trips to A&E to have the metal removed with a needle and the rust ring scraped of the eyeball, couldn't see properly for over a week

Guest merc190provan

Me too, i think just about every mechanic/welder/ diy`r has at some time or another had something in their eye and had a trip to A+E. As said before the cost of safety specs is nothing to compared to the cost of your sight !! We have to wear them at all times at my workplace now, even the office staff when walking through the workshop. Look after your eyes, you only get one set !!

Marty Smith