Feel Sorry For Who Ever Buys

philshelton

Guest Alan_builder

You must be having a giraffe, that is a lightweight, bet it needs rebuilding, much more work than starting anew. there looks to be £1500 needed and a new zero is £2000.

You must be having a giraffe, that is a lightweight, bet it needs rebuilding, much more work than starting anew. there looks to be £1500 needed and a new zero is £2000.

thats why I say not worth more than £600. only things of any value wheels, hubs,Diff, etc

Guest Alan_builder

i would love to know where you can get a new zero for 2k from im curently building one spent 8k already with about another 4k to go still

Tom I don't think you are comparing like with like. I bet you haven't got a tired Pinto power train, all reconditioned or new stuff I bet. Hubs breaks discs, all new?

Yes I am £345 including Vat out at £2000 but excluding VAT it's very close.

The auction is for the most expensive donor car, because that is what it is, I have ever seen.

However what has been missed is the cost of collection and disposal. Further as Steve questions the lightweight has severe construction problems, As I have not seen the vehicle I can't say it must be stripped down to pass IVA but that is the essence of the earlier post.

Ebay Buyers Run A Mile. Unless you are DAD you won't know the half of it

Guest tom-zero

yeah going for all new/ recon, stuff the point i was making was that the £2345 is for a base kit and i would think even doing it on the cheapest possible budget you would still be in for 5-6k

Tom.....I've not built a zero so this is a question, not a critism......but if you was to build one on the cheap....kit price of £2345 and a £500 donor car......what else to you need to complete the build that brings you to £5-6k?

Although I've heard you need to put £1k to one side to get through IVA, if you was building something for track fun you could get rid of this cost and have a working zero for less than £3k?