Insurance

Guest preeday

Is there really that much to be saved each year to warrant a parts only insurance?

Its not so much about the savings as it would prob only be £20 or so but who fixes my car after an accident. I can't decide if i would be happy for a garage to do the fixing.

I don't know for sure (can anyone add info) but i would guess it would be more likely to be written off on fully comp as they will just give you a couple of grand. As won't most garages not want / be able to fix it?

Parts only would be less for the insurance to cover so possibly less likely to write off completely? Just thinknig out loud can anyone confirm?

i found fluxy to be quite happy for me to arrange for my car to be fixed, i just had to send them a quote. Saves them the hassle of organising it and finding someone capable of doing it. Personally i would not bother with parts only.

• 1 month later...

Insured my 2B with A-plan yesterday, fully comp with 5k miles and agreed value for £125.82. Added UK and european breakdown which will cover me for the two trips I hope to make to the continent and also legal cover in case it all goes horribly wrong. Cost of the insurance and legal was £40 less than my renewal notice from Frank Pickles and the breakdown cover is less than paying for two seperate lots of cover for trips to europe.

I'm shopping around for my renewal.GBS Zero A-plan renewal is £153 for fully comp 5000 miles. Called Frank Pickles they quoted £177. Adrian Flux £165. I then got a call back from Adrian Flux today quoting £215. I told them my renewal from Aplan was £153 "hold on sir" she says then comes back with £118 with only a £100 excess they also did away with there admin fee. Will have to phone A-Plan tomorrow see what they come back with .

Edited by whiz

well I'm sticking with A-Plan they came back with a better quote of £122.00 which includes commute for the sake of a £4 and no hassle of changing insurers. Well done A-Plan

For my wifes Spartan Premium Choice undercut all the other insurers we tried (Flux,Pickles etc) I use them for my Unimog too and may see if they can do better than NFU for my vintage tractors this year as their premium has jumped.