Warks / Worcs / West Midlands Meet Wed 25Th June 2014

richyb66

Next Wednesday, 25th June, 7pm onwards, Malt Shovel Pub, Coventry Road, Nr Stonebridge, Coventry, CV7 7HL

https://maps.google....ingdom&t=m&z=15

Entrance to pub car park is off the A452 Chester Road heading North 50 yards from the island.

Everyone welcome, see you there.

• Like 1

Well, I can finally show my face!

Excellent news ... the dancing class my wife 'takes' me to has been cancelled for this Wednesday ... :rofl: :rofl: ...

So, providing there are no: hail storms, floods, martian attacks,etc. etc. my 'hoodie' and I will be there!

Alan

Hi Richy ... There are 4 World Cup matches being shown on TV on Wednesday evening ... is this likely to reduce the number of cars attending - or now that the English lads are out, will the nation be :cray: 'back to normal' routine?!

Edited by alanh65

Great turnout last night, thanks to everyone who came along. I think we ended up with 13 kits and 7 tin tops so obviously not everyone's mad about football.

Nice to see a few new faces too and I hope that all club events this summer are blessed with decent weather and are well supported.

• Like 1

Well ... thank you all ...

Dancing was cancelled last night, so my wife offered to accompany me to the Warks., Worcs., W Mids area meet at the Malt Shovel Pub!! :give_rose:

Positives: Superb, warm sunshine to drive in to reach our destination. Excellent venue with plenty of parking and very good beer! A bevy of expensive (not mine) and very well presented cars. My first opportunity to meet up with RHOCaR members ... and a fine lot they (you) all are. They (you) were even polite to my wife - not having too much of a go about dancing keeping me away!!

Negatives: We had to slope off much earlier than I would have liked as we had a TESCO visit to fit in before our evening meal ... sorry .

Because of that, I only had the opportunity to speak with a few guys and didn't get to meet everyone ... sorry. :sorry:

I've booked the Sunday to visit Hollowell ... hopefully if I organise my diary better next year and prioritise RHOCaR events, I'll be able to make the 'long weekend'. :db:

Some serious organising/activities appear to be happening on the Saturday - I guess when I arrive on the Sunday you'll either be sleeping in or trooping off to church!! ... It won't be too quiet will it?

There was a discussion last night as to when the W Mids. venue changed from the Robin Hood pub (couldn't have been a better named venue) to the Malt Shovel. Knowing both, the current one is so well positioned for access from around the midlands. Whoever originally decided on it ... well done.

Thank you again for a warm welcome. An excellent (though short) evening ... I look forward to my next outing. :yahoo:

Alan

Edited by alanh65
  • Like 1