Malvern Show

fry61

I'll be going, not too far from me.

Last time I went to this show was before I bought my kit about 2002, from what I can remember people used to stay over at this show and I'm sure they used to have a live band in the evening.

Tricky took a sierra there with the RH chassis strapped to the roof and all the other parts of the kit inside, drive it away, kit and donor together.

Les

Had a reply from Grosvenor:

Hi Bob

Just to answer your questions regarding the Malvern kit car show, camping is available from Saturday 25th from 8 am onwards and the cost is non kit car drivers £10 for the weekend per person which includes entry into the show, and kit car camping is £5 for the driver and £10 for the passenger again for the weekend including entry into the show. If you require electrical hook ups its an extra £15 for the weekend there are up to date show blocks available too.

There is ample parking inside the ground for kit cars on grass or hard standing and all kit car clubs are to park inside the kit car paddock area alongside the main halls. We will be writing to all the club secretary’s shortly so they can inform their members.

Entry on the day for kit car drivers arriving in their kit cars is free for drivers and passengers are £5.

We are having the drift champion Christian Lewis doing demo car rides and there is also a classic bike show in one of the other halls on Sunday which we are trying to negotiate with them to allow our customers to go into the bike show as well as their customers coming to our kit car show, but I cannot confirm this at this present time.

I hope this info helps for now and our web page will be updated shortly.

Regards Roger.

Edited by florin metal works

Long range weather forecast is " remaining warm & dry 'til Bonfire night" so keep your camping gear at the ready; we can make it a last blast of the year for bits to make our cars better during the winter.

( Did any-one notice -- my fingers were crossed )

Up-date " it will remain dry until AFTER Hollowell Bonfire Night " sorry Richard, crystal ball failure.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Received message from Grovenor Exhibions to-day ---- MAVERN KIT CAR SHOW IS CANCELLED --- dead before it even got started

Phil --- I have forwarded the message as received -- please post here if you can. ( P.M sent to Richard but un-available )

( P.M sent to Richard but un-available )

That's strange....my inbox is at 20% so plenty of room.....maybe just a glitch in the matrix.

Shame about the show....I suspect having it at the end of October didn't help their cause.

Edited by steamer