Wipers

tractor

Having cut the bonnet and made a fixed scuttle thought it was about time I fitted the wiper motor that markbzero kindly donated wot a job been on it all afternoon and they still wont work it doesn't seem to matter where I mount the motor its in the way of something and then I thought I had done it and now the mounting bracket ain't strong enought and it just moves on the bracket and not the wipers aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh,

On our 2B the mini motor is mounted in between the two chassis rails ( bonnet top & side rail top tubes) with the output nose pointing towards the first wiper box, gives a gentle curve to first box & a straight run to second. Used 110 degree sweep boxes with park on drivers side.

The Sierra wiper relay used without the variable resistor will give intermittent wipe plus the two speed from the column switch.

atlaaaaast for the first time since I have owned the car I have wipers that work in the end I had to use a bit of 8mm steel tube 15mm to 8mm copper reducer a15mm compression socket a bit of swearing !!$* well there was quite a bit in the end but I can now drive in the rain cant wait

in a picture mood so thought i'd post a pic of the 'blade' wipers i made for my 2b. They are cut down big ones. The modern blade type ones. They work really well and are nice and compact. takes a bit of faffing as you have to cut the metal internal parts and then grind a little groove for the end stops to clip back into. but i like them :)

afgawl.jpg

6fy1yb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

What wiper motor is everyone using?

I have a 300 year old mini one in the workshop which was going to chuck on but was wondering if people had fitted a modern mini arrangement or something else?

Edited by Knock-on

The pantegrapth wiper as used by Ford is the most accurate & efficient BUT needs a lot of room & there is always the risk of something getting in the way -- like wiring -- stick with the mini system, as Ian said. There are different wiper boxes ( 110 & 130 degree I think) & motor variations as well so should suit any set-up.

• Like 1