Santa Pod Drag Strip 20Th June 2015

keith kelly

santa pod 20th june 2015 club booking  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a reminder.......

to go on track in an open top car you need

A helmet.......I dont think they check for any particular certification.....I use a cheap & cheerful Lazer bike helmet.

Arm restraints.....I use Mothercare kiddy arm straps. One end round the seat belt buckle, the other round each wrist.

Arms must be covered......no T shirts allowed.....It'd be a shame to queue for 45 minutes in the fire-up road then get turned away.

Fingers crossed for a dry day.....any sign of rain on the track & it closes. The rubber surface gets like an ice rink.

Edited by Bob Tucker

Need to confirm the numbers this tuesday for the club stand, weather is looking good for the weekend. Need ten for stand if not still happening but will not have a club stand.

So far

Me and wife, zero

Ady gill, evo 8

Tractor, zero

Bob tucker, 2b

Simon b, zero

Come on chaps and chapesses dont let us down.

Edited by unclechief

Hi Simon,

It is a weekend event, but with a RWYB open to anyone on the Saturday, followed

by the Retro show on Sunday.

For me its a one day event (Saturday only), I'm taking a 12v tyre pump & gauge.

I use about 15psi at the rear & 35psi at the front.

Set the front shocks as soft as possible & stiffen the rears.

Fill up before going in, theres no fuel at the track.

& extra weight at the back is a good thing.

HTH Bob

Simon, up to you, only planned as a one day event but suggested that you could camp over and take in the retro show next day if you wanted. Don't know if anyone else I camping , we are not as do not have anyone to have the kids.

I can't make this one (away that weekend), never been to anything like this, but it look interesting even as a spectator. If another one's arranged thought I may well turn up for a look with a couple of the kids.

Hope all that go have a good time though

ok peeps need to confirm numbers by tomorrow if we want club stand as it stands we do not have enough. all you fair weather drivers please look at weather reports as it looks to be ok. if you are planning to turn up on the day please let me know as I just need ten cars for the stand.

Edited by unclechief

Guest 2b cruising

Cheers simon. Will keep that in mind if i cant sort out a direct bolt on replacement.

So after far too much time i have finally got a fully function stainless steel exhaust system to replace the twin pipe RH one.

Heres a few pics of the finished article and how it got there

Manifold mid construction

avslyx.jpg

Manifold in engine bay. I've managed to work it so i didn't have to move anything and can even get it out with only having to loosen the alternator.

qoj8sz.jpg

Flanges that Laserman cut to my specs. This is how i separate the manifold from the rest

r9g26r.jpg

Flange welded and bolted up to exhaust

2zz1bua.jpg

Exhaust in place. Going to cut the tail pipe a little shorter but pretty pleased with it overall.

ekovt0.jpg

Old fogey word for a crash helmet Chris

Also,referred to when meaning bald head. ( circa 1960s) when I went to school with our bald as a billiard ball math teacher.

He was also called twitchy, He could not write on the blackboard without a massive nervous twitch.

Aren't kids cruel.

Edited by 2b cruising