Dizzy Change

Guest janis

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure you will notice any change. Your dizzy with the big round plug was probably a Bosch inductive dizzy allied to a six wire electronic amplifier/magic box. They all have the strange massive round plug with three wires in and only two out and no points. You should remove the magic 6 wire box completely. It's wired as shown in the picture. From the six wire plug trace all the wires. The black wire comes from the coil positive and could be used as a positive to the accuspark. The green comes from the coil neg and could be used as the switching wire for the accuspark. The rest are redundant and can be removed and their ends insulated. As KT says you are swapping one electronic system for another so don't expect much change.

Nigel

post-21-0-44129900-1429693680_thumb.jpg

Guest mower man

I changed to Accuspark because the old dizzy was worn and giving timing scatter this seems to be the case in many instances ,they are good units and it cured some probs on my 2.1 mick

Guest janis

Well i did not know that..i was thinking that all pintos have points dizzy..so i putting same thing now on..ahh well im only learning and now ill have new dizzy spark plugs leads and coil so it wont do any harm..

U loose points and get like a wee box in stead..

thats a bit of a hard punishment! i mean sure he might loose points for asking the question but giving him a 'wee' box is just a bit gross

:crazy:

To make you feel better i lost my spark and ended up replacing coil and amplifier unit, tore everything out and was about to try and buy a replacement dizzy only to find it was the £1 hidden immobilizer switch that had broken. Doh!

The Duck is going " cheap -- cheap" Again. Get back to checking your car for the millionth time --- IVA calls.

Being 200miles away from it makes it difficult. I am keeping a list of things I think to check though so I can when I am next with the car.

Being 200miles away from it makes it difficult. I am keeping a list of things I think to check though so I can when I am next with the car.

Oops --- forgot some folk have t work Monday To Friday

Edited by florin metal works
  • Like 1

yeah thats the bosch electronic dizzy.

You should be able to turn the dizzy slightly and get it in a better position and allow it to rev. won't be accurate but i can normally get it reasonably in the right ballpark. I used to get messed up with which end of the marks on the crank pulley were TDC its the big notch on the far left when looking straight at the pulley with the marks at the top (sorry if you already know this).