Paul Philpot

Buying A Robin Hood

Paul ... I reckon mine's about 1800mm ... not with me at the moment, so can't check just yet.

So long as your garage isn't on a slope ... push it in, pull it out ... or sleep in it!!

Mine spends its life under a car cover, on the drive - and survives.

Yes, my Superspec is 1800mm across the back although that might be slightly wider than a standard 2B.

As everyone says, Make sure car is legal & says ROBIN HOOD on log book, not sierra etc, loads advertised on e bay with no IVA n just donor plates fitted, you can still test,tax n Insure them as details just come up as donor car but if you have an accident well ........... Honest check thoroughly before you buy.

If you want someone to cast an eye over one you think your going to buy just drop us a message.

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone for your advice. One thing that I do not understand is the criticism of Robin Hoods. A Caterham or Westfield is beyond my budget so the Robin Hood is an ideal for great fun without breaking the bank. I'm going to visit the kit car show to see the cars in the flesh and hopefully discuss the best car to buy.

The RHOCR is also the most friendly club I've encountered

• Like 3

I'm going to visit the kit car show to see the cars in the flesh and hopefully discuss the best car to buy.

The RHOCR is also the most friendly club I've encountered

Paul

Push the boat out and bring a tent and a beer or 10.

I know for a fact that when the show closes members will fall over them selves to take you for a ride in their pride and joy.

One thing is don't be shy, barge in all guns blazing and say HELLO.!!!!!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.