Very Sad 2.1 Pinto

Guest jimmytwobikes

Guest lotusPaul

Jim.let's not think its the end of the world. It's fixable definitely. Time and cost will be the issue's.

Let's get it out, I'll strip it with you. We can lay it all out and inspect properly. I'll even look at your head and port match it for you.my time is FREE. I also have most of the tools needed too either here or home.

Finding a local shop will be better but if nothing comes up I can take it all to Southampton. At least I know they're good, I'm talking 5ltr Ford v8 good at 420 dyno proven ponies good.

All is not lost, so, let's not get carried away. It's actually a simple engine that's easy to fix if its done methodically.

I'd set aside £500.

Guest jimmytwobikes

Yeah, I can do £500, and possibly a bit more once the Banham sells, Its at £205 on ebay at the mo, so looking good!!

Guest lotusPaul

They're fantastic. Not the cheapest, but you pay for quality. I've never had any issues with them. I've been using them for cobra engines for years.

Don't forget to take plenty of photos while your striping out. File them and even do a word doc to remind yourself later on. Keep an account of everything that you do.

Guest jimmytwobikes

got the piccies round the wrong way, 1st pic is rear lobes, 2nd pic is front lobes..

if they are ok, then it looks like I might have got away with it a little, maybe only the bottom end needs doing?

Guest mcramsay

On the second photo posted it looks like there is a massive clearance around the front cam bearing. Can you get a better photo of that? Is the any play in the cam as in if you grab it and shake it back and forth and side to side does it move?